Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1979 Pittsburgh Pirates Autographs

Are these autographs real?

South of Heaven...North of Canada

Comments

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say No . Here's what I have to compare.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I'm not trying to be mean, but those signatures are not good. They really aren't even close. Looks like someone was having fun trying to put auto's on those cards.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    None of them are good. Sorry.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Even the Moreno is different than the duplicated auto on another card. Doesn't look too promising.
  • Options
    Stargell changed his signature to a tight one word scrawl later in his life, but that's not it. Sorry, none of these look good to me.
    Collecting Matt Alexander, Manny Sanguillen, and Rennie Stennett - pm me with your oddball items for sale or trade!
  • Options
    Back in 1980, there were ads in the backs of magazines. You could send baseball cards in to any team and have them signed.

As an 11year old kid, I sent these in to the Pirates. Got them back 1-2 months later. So, I've had them for 30 years. As a kid I thought I was the king because I had so many autographed cards from my favorite childhood Championship team.

But now....well....I wish I had never asked the question and just plodded along through life believing these were legit. imageimageimage
    South of Heaven...North of Canada