Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Buyers from Indonesia

Just had a guy from Indonesia buy a $400 card, which is a first for me. Is there any way to complete the transaction without getting scammed, or should I just cancel it altogether?

Comments

• You have to send with signature conf (since it's over $250), I'm not sure if it is possible out of country without next day international. Shipping will be rather expensive. TBH with so much happening out of country and so little regulations the only way to be 100% safe is to cancel it altogether, if someone wants to win a paypal dispute they can, they just lie.
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    If you delcare a delivered package of over a certain amount you will be flagged by customs and the package will be taxed on the receiving end I believe.

Might double check and ask about this customs intervention.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

These two are PayPal compliant.

Indonesia is Zone 6. Should be under $40, including the extra insurance.

Global Express Guaranteed® Average 1-3 business days From $35.50 Prices based on weight, size and distance.

Express Mail International® Average 3 - 5 business days From $26.95 Prices based on weight and distance.
    Flat-rate envelope available.

I like EMI, but I have not tried it to Indonesia. It
    works great to Canada.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    The buyer is zero feedback so I'm just going to go ahead and cancel it; just too many red flags. I'm fairly certain the card will sell again.
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Thats the best decision you could possibly make.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I am not a big fan of selling out of the country.