Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seller not mis-leading a NGC Rainbow Franklin

I don't like to see this kind of manipulation of the facts on any eBay auction ..........

edited : seems I am wrong here

" Graded " NGC Franklin

Comments

• Options
    Putting aside "fantasy" dollars listed under peace dollars , what exactly is wrong with this franklin ? The seller seems to have been up fron about it being AT.
  • Options
    JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭
    It IS graded by NGC. It says "AU details." That's a grade like it or not.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Seller's description states:

"THIS COIN WAS CERTIFIED AND GRADED BY THE NUMISMATIC GUARANTY CORPORATION (NGC). IT RECEIVED A DETAILS GRADE OF "ABOUT UNCIRCULATED (AU)" WITH THE DETAILS NOTATION "ARTIFICIAL TONING". A COIN WILL RECEIVE A DETAILS GRADE WHEN NGC BELIEVES THE RAINBOW COLORING MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED NATURALLY OVER TIME, BUT RATHER HAS BEEN ARTIFICIALLY TONED THRU SOME PROCESS, USING ENVIRONMENTAL, THERMAL OR CHEMICAL TREATMENTS TO ENHANCE ITS TONING OR COLORING." (emphasis added)

I have no problem with this description. In fact, I wish more sellers of blatantly AT'd coins were as open.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PawPaul, what bothers you? Looks just fine to me. No deception that I can see. Not
    a coin that I would want but what the heck, somebody might like that POS.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

The seller is being very honest. What's the gripe?image
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    my bad then ...........I have misconstrued what the NGC holder means .........

Since I buy strictly PCGS , I thought the NGC holder like that was the equivalent of the PCGS Genuine holder ..........

so the slab in this case has a coin that is authenticated and graded - with the notation the toning is A.T ; ...correct ?
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any issue with the listing myself.
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    again - my bad ............. I see that NGC offers detail grading that is not numeric - I did not know this ; sorry image
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Yes, NGC lists what the problem is on problem coins it holders.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice change up PP kudos for that... image

ABimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file