Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1967 Lincoln from mint set

I got this lincoln from a 67 Mint set and thought it just looked absolutely beautiful. I bought the set for the kennedy but the penny just kept catching my eye. Thinking about sending it in. What do you guys think. Sorry about the horrible pictures but its the best I can do.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just can not make it out from the pictures - maybe a blowup with better resolution & lighting?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    I am sure it is a great looking coin in hand, but it probably would not be worth slabbing unless it would grade 68 or better. It doesn't look like a cameo from the photos.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always remember the owner of a coin over grades by one to two points.

Look at this piece really carefully, small contact marks, staining, spots, weakness of strike (really seen best on the reverse on Lincolns of that era), all these factors will drop the grade down drastically.

without seeing this in at least a good 500 X 500 image, no one here can really say one way or another. Grading costs, shipping, etc need to be balanced against the PCGS price guide figure. Id say a real world value for your piece is about 60 percent of price guide....unless it is a stellar coin without any defects (that is an MS66) if the graders have a cornary when they first look at it, its an MS67

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file