Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank You Downtown1974!

Got to meet up with Bob yesterday as he was letting go of his post 50's card collection
All I can say is Thank you and WOW! Much more than I actually expected to flip through
He wasn't kidding when he said it was all stars, hofers, and rookies!!!
I am still goin through them and it seems as if it is made up of what collections are cherry picked over for image
I can say it is a very clean and neat little assortment, with gobs of player cards from the 80's/90's most of which I've never seen
as I stopped collecting in the 90's
Also thanks for all of the CS1's, hardcases and supplies!
Very glad I was able to meet you Bob and thanks for your very generous collection of tasty cardboard

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Very Generous of Bob! You just beat my PM hahaha! Congrats!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Very nice selection of HOFers.

Thumbs up (and a big he's a jolly good fellow) to Bob for a generous deed.
  • Options
    Bob has always been a top notch board member and this DEFINITELY solidifies that! Wow... all for FREE!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    That is UNREAL! What a great thing to do Bob. Can't say there are too many around who would do something like this. HOPING that this very nice gesture comes back TO YOU in one form or another.

Edited to add:Bill has been very generous in his own right ... glad to see one of the good guys on the receiving end as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob's one of the good guys.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    very generous sir. well done.image

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Wow! What an awesome thing to do image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Nice gesture, I had the opportunity to do a transaction with Bob and he was first class all the way.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options

<< <i>Nice gesture, I had the opportunity to do a transaction with Bob and he was first class all the way. >>

I concur.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Bill left out the part that he showed up with a nice stack of 1957 and 1959 Topps cards for my "50s box".
    Thanks so much for the cards Bill, and it was a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy the cards. They look good the way you spread them out to photograph them.

Take care my friend.
    Bob