Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How bout posting a weird, whacky or odd coin or token

Got this today because...well I just did image

Comments

• Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    me too...
    And here's some wierd bullion. Notice anything unusual?
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you both do the customary Pointer Sisters Neutron Dance after purchasing these image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    And the seller told me I was the only one imageimage
    Yours seems to have more of a glow than mine.
  • Options
    ram1946ram1946 Posts: 762 ✭✭
    This got one a free drink in Stamford, CT. Anyone know if the Lemon Tree is still there?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Did you both do the customary Pointer Sisters Neutron Dance after purchasing these image >>

I dont recall the moves, I think I was in the Mosh Pit in those days image
  • Options
    Thats a good one Keets image
  • Options

<< <i>Got this today because...well I just did image

image >>

I have a few of those also......I do not believe I have seen one with a 1925 in it....Unique Pieceimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too- I found this hard to pass up in a cheapo pick bin at the Macon, GA show in January '08. Think it cost me a whopping three bucks.

And, just to continue along your fun "wacky" theme, here is an 1895 South African 2-shilling piece upon which somebody decided that Paul Kruger needed a top hat and a meerschaum pipe. (Too bad it wasn't a deerstalker cap- then he'd look like Sherlock Holmes).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LordM, I figured you would have something to offer image
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Here's my weird, whacky, wonderful, what I call " The seal on the roof variety"....I think it's at least weird.... Jefferson's pony tail looks weird also... I know Keets is gulping right now because he wants this one, BAD!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    I'll post this one as i've never been able to ID it exactly , i know what the dates mean , i know who she is and it's almost certain it's Warwickshire because the steeple was identified but the building doesn't look like a cathedral to me at all.I know who the initials are below the bust , almost everything except what it is what for and whats the token actually showing , it's not a cathedral although there is a steeple in the background.

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    This Victorian token shares the 1831 reverse with a trade token for "Dankin & Co" tea merchants, which used the address "Number One, St. Paul's Churchyard."
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>This Victorian token shares the 1831 reverse with a trade token for "Dankin & Co" tea merchants, which used the address "Number One, St. Paul's Churchyard." >>

Frankcoins , you are a star ! Thank you very much for that.It's the missing link.I knew the date on the front denotes the exact day of the Indian uprising ( Middle east Indian ) and that would be something tea importers would take note of i always thought , it was that reverse , a tea shop fits perfectly woo hoooooooooo finally , 3 years i looked for that info , thank you Frankcoins : )
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You rang? MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I've got one piece from Tom Maringer's Broadbottom Buttonery, myself. It has the obverse of one of Bill Turner's fantasy coins from Magi Paivaine. In fact I've just ordered a full set of Magi Paivaines from Turner in copper and brass minted by Maringer.
  • Options
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

DeLorey-70. Appears to be Aluminum, 200 struck.
    The dies for this were in NASCA Wayte Raymond Sale, Part III, in 1978. Does anybody on here have them?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Saw this on eBay a while back, but decided to pass. image

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options

Weird..
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    I got one of those Oak Rdge Neutron Irradiated dimes but I think the dime dissolved!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

Edited for something a bit more unusual...
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone order an elephant on a platter?

imageimage

(That's an 1845 dime, made into some sort of stud.)
  • Options
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file