Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1948 Bowman Slaughter

image I picked this card in a trade and was wondering if in your opinion is it worth submitting to PSA for grading. If you break down what I have it the trade; I would have about $15 in the Slaughter.

Sorry about that, I have been so caught up with my son's birthday party today.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WHERE IS THE CARD?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Maybe.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

• Options
    Corners seem transparent and centering looks about invisible. With those attributes, I'd say it should grade about eleventy-five. I'd see if you can get NCIS OR CSI to grade it for you.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I added the scan. Sorry about that.

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    James, monitor this actual bid auction on Ebay to get a idea on the price of your card. The centering is the same but the Ebay card is in slightly better condition IMO, but it's close. This should be a good gauge as wheather you submit or not. I personally would not submit it but that's me. Take care. Doug

Similar Slaughter on Ebay
  • Options
    Don't think it's worth it, raw they sell for 15-20 in that condition and I don't think it would be too much greater unless it's getting a 4 or higher.
  • Options
    VG VG/EX

Nice collector grade card.

Have no idea if it is worth grading.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to your son!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Steve,

Thanks for commenting on my son's Birthday. When I showed him the cake and "happy birhtday" wish, he got so excited. I really appreciate that.

James