Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why must PSA do this?

To me this is crazy, if I was to ever display these cards I would want them all to have the flip on the same end of the card. There should be consistency.

Why PSA why?

Shawn
After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Because of the orientation of the reverse. On 1968 All-Stars, the copyright line and card number is positioned in different locations due to the puzzle pieces for the poster. As a result, the slabber uses the reverse for slab orientation rather than the front. I've seen them both ways so it is not a consistent practice. A simple request on a "mechanical error" submission should make them uniform...
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with 1971 topps trios which are blank back. They would not correct it on a mechanical error sub

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    Related issue on '57T Basket Ball, but due to Topps' printing layout FU, not TPG. Some backs are upside down.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Here's my example

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I sent in a custom and they slabbed it so the back was upside down...
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an interesting situation. With this card, if they slab the card right side up on the front, then the back will be upside down. As you can see in the better scan below, Ripken's name is upside down on the front, in order to make the back right side up.

My card, crappy scan, name and logo is right side up:

mariotown's card, name and logo on front is upside down:
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I would rather have the fronts all the same. I never intend to display the cards showing the back anyway.

I like them all to be the same way for the same set. Like all my 1960 Topps have the flip on the right when the card is horizontal.

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Shawn. When they can't get the easy stuff like slabbing them right it makes you wonder about the consistency of everything, including grading.
    They should probably consider either hiring a production manager to oversee the workflow, or get a new one.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    just like msa discs they put them upside down, sideways half the time. they are very sloppy....
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just like msa discs they put them upside down, sideways half the time. they are very sloppy.... >>

That could very well not be PSA's fault. The discs rotate quite easily in the holder. If you get the disc back from PSA upside down or sideways, it probably means the USPS bounced it around in transit.

Steve
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    I believe it has more to do with being plain LAZY with Bad Quality Control.

Another example of being inconsistent...

I just got done scanning 2 cards that were originally submitted consecutively.... Why are the flips different?? one has the year the other doesnt...

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The differences in flips is just downright wrong. I mentioned this the other day----"PSA from this day forward needs to stop messing with the flips". The scammers are happy as hell and we are left looking at EBAY scans five times to see if the holders are genuine. It's paradise for the scammers.
  • Options
    i HATE this. my OCD makes owning the cards with the flip on the wrong side painful
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    i need to post a few of my parkhurst wrestling cards...some of the cards on the front have the number of the card upside down....yes the card number is on front of the card...plain stupidity by PSA...I'll post here soon....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if you can request a certain fliP?