Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I think this coin was undergraded

Either undergrade or net graded. Not an expensive PCGS coin so it really does not matter much - any opinions?

for the record it is not my coin nor do I have any interest in the sale of it

http://cgi.ebay.com/1841-O-LIB-SEATED-DIME-PCGS-F15-/250765066346?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3a62c3406a
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of F15s that aren't even close to the detail on that one. Maybe net because of the darkness.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭
    It's a board member's listing.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Agree, with a full LIBERTY like that.
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Its a forum members coin and there is no better way to find out, just buy it.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the shield and the top of the head there is detail there and the knee. How many fines have so much meat. I would call the coin a VF25 maybe there is some surface issue that cant be seen. Its a heck of a nice coin for a fine 15 based on the images.
  • Options
    Well, I bought it raw certainly expecting a VF - about a 25. I don't see any reason that they net graded it. They seemed to be in a bit of a cranky mood on one of my recent submissions - 100 coins. Ugh!

Of course, no need to pay extra for ebay, the coin is also listed on the BST.

Edited to add - coin has sold on ebay BIN. For the record, it went to a bidder with zero feedback - incredible.coins.

merse

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Silent net grade?
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    A lot of coin there for the grade. I like the value there as a buyer.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I look at an aweful lot of Seated Dimes, in AU55 or better images can be a problem to grade off of but circulated coin are somewhat easy to grade for details, cleanings and other surfaces issues aside they kind of are what they are.

In the old days we used photograde to grade these coins. Match the picture and there you are. I was of course looking for a variety and it just stuck me kind of off based on what I could see in the images.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file