Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1917 WLH......what a shame.................

I bought this today for melt........image

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is a shame. I will give you 1.5 times melt if you want to get rid of it. I often buy stuff like this from the "junk scrap" boxes just to save them. In fact, last weekend, I bought an scratched up beat up 1938D for $9.50. It was going to go to the smelters this week if no one bought it. I could not help buy to buy it. Worth it or not? Who knows, but I could not let it go...
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUCH. Harshly cleaned? Or skipped across a concrete floor? Still has nice details though. Carry it in your pocket for a couple months, then put put it in an album for a year or two and maybe it will look better. Might even grade mid-AU? image
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    image...That will still be worth 3X melt...Looks like a batch of coins from ebay I took chance on,at melt,recently. Seller had poor pictures and described as "beautiful". All the Walkers were the same,bright white,hairlines both sides. 90% of people think cleaning must make it better, so they use image..................image
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    tragic it was the victim of a harsh cleaning. I would set it in a album or coin envelope and let it color back up.
    great buy regardless. I would be a happy buyer at 20 bucks let alone melt.image
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even accurately described, that coin would bring a fairly high price on eBay.
  • Options

<< <i>OUCH. Harshly cleaned? Or skipped across a concrete floor? Still has nice details though. Carry it in your pocket for a couple months, then put put it in an album for a year or two and maybe it will look better. Might even grade mid-AU? image >>

I agree, get some more "melt" silver coins and a few copper cents and carry it in you pocket for a year and Viola. Natural wear it below the damage.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shameful, yes, but fortunately one of the few early dates that is fairly plentiful in high grade.....if it was sporting an 'S' on the obv, someone would probably
    have to perform CPR on me.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file