Home U.S. Coin Forum

GENUINE for the weekend!!!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Post a coin you would be proud to own, either currently slabbed genuine or not.

I'll start. Mass and Cal. copper "die trial", $10, unique, Bass collection, mutilated by a counterstrike. I would be VERY happy to have this in a PCGS Genuine holder. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

Comments

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one of my two "Genuine" coins:

• Don't have a pic of it in the slab, but this one went Genuine.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    The buffalo below is now slabbed a "gennie", presumably because it has a rim clip, dont understand why, maybe I should have sent it in as an errorimage

Have not got it back yet, here is all I have:
    32 1 18788647 3938 1918-D 5C US Genuine (93 - Planchet Flaw)
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>Don't have a pic of it in the slab, but this one went Genuine.
    image >>

Why?
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another I'd like to have in a Genuine holder - dies by Longacre who may have made this "splasher" personally?? If not, Dubosq did. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My one and only Genuine,1874 Proof Trade $/91 Questionable color. I am still proud to own it.

Trade $'s
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    The coin everyone it seems loves to hate.
    1936/1929-S Possible Overdate N1

The first 1942-D/D graded at PCGS N1

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
    I've never seen that overdate candidate - what's the status currently??
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't have a pic of it in the slab, but this one went Genuine.
    image >>

Why? >>

The luster looks off. The surfaces of the coin have been messed with.

-Paul
  • This one is genuinely damaged. where? is what I would like to know.

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimage >>

I'd be proud to own this coin^^^^^, everything else is crap! image
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my one & only genuine... cracked from an old ANA AU55.
  • My only GUNINE. 1831 Browning 7. Very tough die marriage.

• Great idea for a thread but wouldnt it make sense to include the reason why each coin was not graded so we all can learn some more? image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great idea for a thread but wouldnt it make sense to include the reason why each coin was not graded so we all can learn some more? image >>

Agree but in some cases the reason is obvious such as the cuts on the chain cent.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Planchet flaw through date. F15 details.

PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • 1877s DDR FS801 a very rare coin that PCGS even went so far as to put the problem on the holder as " Planchet streak Removed" and put the variety (that i paid for) in micro print. not sure how one removes a Planchet streak but i call it fields smoothed obv, shame as there is only a few of these known and this one has AU details
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Both these bagged for me. image

1797 1/2 cent reason - 92 "cleaning"

1833 1/2 dime reason - 98 "damage"

My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Post a coin you would be proud to own, either currently slabbed genuine or not.

Genied for 94, could have gone as questionable color too. It's not so pink in hand - really.
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
    Bottom right coin is a Oregon $5 "Die trial" that is currently NCS. PCGS wouldn't cross it at the FUN show. It probably had to do with having to create a coin number on the spot (none in their data base currently). I would prefer it be in a Genuine holder and suspect it will get there eventually.

• speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Initials removed from the obverse field - reverse is remarkably problem free... Just glad to own an authentic one regardless of if it had problems or not!!!

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Cool - it even has Boyd's fingerprint! image
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    If you look closely there's his other thumb too...

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly not as rare as the 1870-S $1 shown above, but still a tough Twenty dollar lib from that same mint…

imageimage
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    91:
  • this coin was the subject of a thread a few years back. i bought some whitman coin albums some years ago and found this reverse toning on mostly 1950`s coins. i was told glue used on the pages caused this.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>image >>

Why? Great coin there!
    This is my last "Genuine" coin for the weekend - Kellogg reverse for the $20, if I recall correctly. K1a, also from the Bass collection.

Hope to get PCGS to holder it one of these days. image

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I show this coin in too many threads, but it often fits the request, post a 1700s, post a holey, post an R6 or better, post an original surfaces, post a no-grade, post a favorite

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one went 91. I'll resubmitt it one of these days. The coin is no way AT.

JJ

imageimage
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
    Fine 12 details. Damaged

imageimage
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file