Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

~ Copper 4 The Weekend™ ~

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really enjoy photographing raw copper!!!

1835 J.C. Peck HT-363 / Low-271

A tasty little milk chocolate morsel... rightfully so being ex: Frank H. Saccone collection owner of Toll House Cookies.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pic! The token isn't bad either!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    The local Police Department will probably get a restraining order against you if you continue to photograph raw coppers! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice pic! The token isn't bad either! >>

Thanks Manorcourtman! image
  • Options

<< <i>The local Police Department will probably get a restraining order against you if you continue to photograph raw coppers! image >>

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Well I guess some that did not see this picture in the other thread might find it interesting. image
  • Options
    Ed62Ed62 Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Ed
  • Options
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

I just bought this from the post auction list at Stacks New York Americana sale.

From the cataloguer:

Lot 5968 - 1787 New Jersey copper. Maris 42-c, W-5210. Rarity-5+. Fine-12. 144.0 grains. Nice deep olive brown with slightly lighter devices. Scattered pitting is seen on the obverse, more evenly and finely granular on the reverse. Full legends and date, really not a bad Maris 42-c. The finest known of this variety is just VF.

From the Joel Geoffrey Collection

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half Cent I just picked up a couple of days ago.

imageimage

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass and Cal - can anyone tell me more about the bird-on-flower counterstamp??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY!!! I can finally post something in the "Copper" thread!

(Thank you, Lance!)
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the pretty copper!! Here's one that Todd just finished photographing for me.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Lincoln picked up at the Houston show. 65RB*Shag
    imageimage
  • Options
    gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    My apologies for bringing the quality of this thread down, but since nothing I have remotely compares to any of the above........

• Options
    No need to apologize - it has character. image
  • Options

<< <i>Mass and Cal - can anyone tell me more about the bird-on-flower counterstamp??

image >>

Reese’s "Your Peanut Butter hit my Chocolate. No, your Chocolate hit my Peanut Butter" imageimage
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Easier to see this way.......

• Options
    A short Lincoln date run. Notice the difference in how the beard is portrayed from year to year. Shag
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Have I had this one on???
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my newp

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>my newp

That's a really nice deuce. Congratulations!! Shag
  • Options
    This arrived today from the Penny Lady

This arrived yesterday. Raw example.. it really helps get in better/closer to the coin - I am convinced plastic diffuses the light significantly.

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    nice copper everyone!

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I guess some that did not see this picture in the other thread might find it interesting. image
    image >>

I was there when Charmy dumped those ~MS63 IHC's on her table at the 2010 Fall Baltimore show.

edited to add: Oh yea, Rick Snow was there too.....and now you know the rest of the story!!! image
  • Options
    Newp from fellow forumite DCW. '39 DDO MS66RD

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewP today, this condor token was used as a die trial piece by Feuchtwanger as a test of the HT265 die. The obverse was planed off, and restruck. HT266 ~~5K, condor token, 10$

imageimage
  • Options
    This trio is heading to the grader for my 14 year old sons set.
    Seems like lately its taken a back seat to his social life and is quickly becoming my set.

Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    Compliments to Andy and Alynne of Angel Dees via Vienna Coin Show.

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's some quick ones...one purty, which I just sold. And one ugly, fugly one.

imageimage

imageimage
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file