Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When did PCGS start noting CAM & DCAM on their holders?

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious.
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Circa 1992'ish.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    You should get the new tomaska book. Pretty good read about how they came about the designations.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Circa 1992'ish.

Russ, NCNE >>

That is my recollection as well. But the moderns (1965 and later - I think) weren't designated until a number of years later.

This comes up on a thread every once in a while. It sure would be nice if someone at PCGS would set the record straight.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    At PCGS moderns were designated from the beginning. It was NGC that resisted for a while.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAM and DCAM are not in my 1991 Pop Report, but they are in my 1992 Pop Report.
    When in doubt, don't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file