Home Metal Detecting
Options

radio shack md

i could have grabbed a radio shack older model for $30 at a pawn shop last weekend. but for some reASON PASSED.now im thinking i should have. any thoughts? do these machines work at all?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>i could have grabbed a radio shack older model for $30 at a pawn shop last weekend. but for some reASON PASSED.now im thinking i should have. any thoughts? do these machines work at all? >>

If it's electronically sound there's no reason it won't.It may or may not have discrimination tools and the coil might be small and unable to penetrate deeply but it would detect metal.
    A good example is ask any seasoned detectorist what machine they take as back up , ive found the serious guys have old bounty hunters and swear by them.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    take your chances for the $30. one can always sell it later if they dont like it and make the money back. just an idea
  • Options
    i bought a radio shack detector for my son many years ago. it was huge piece of garbage. used once and thrown away
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had one experience with a Radio Shack detector. Not good. Some high school kids were playing football and one of them lost a gold bracelet. He went to Radio Shack and bought a new detector from them. In the mean time his mom called me. When I got there they were all looking for it, eyeball wise. I talked to the boy with the detector and asked if he was finding anything. Nothing. I put a quarter on the ground and it would barely scratch. I told him to take it back and get his money back while he still could. I did find gold a day later.