All 100 Ounce Silver Bars Will be Gone in a Matter of Days

Comments

• Options
    What a difference a day makes.....!!
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting speculation... the information was a little vague though.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apmex is out on some of the 100 oz bars, but looks like it does have some others on hand. Looks like they may be getting moved fast though.... they are listed as 'hot' items...
    ----- kj
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver is back over $28 again for the weekend. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I guess our buying window has disappeared. It never really opened on the 2006, 2007 , and 2008 W's as they have commanded a high price right along.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Hummmmmmmmm, Idonno, looks like it was just handed to us on a silver platter, to borrow an idiom. Likely that shook out a lot of weak hands with such a dramatic fall and I suspect the vulture patrol has long since sucked up anything physical that may have floated to the surface; whoops. For those of you that held...yeah!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hummmmmmmmm, Idonno, looks like it was just handed to us on a silver platter, to borrow an idiom. Likely that shook out a lot of weak hands with such a dramatic fall and I suspect the vulture patrol has long since sucked up anything physical that may have floated to the surface; whoops. For those of you that held...yeah! >>

Real selloffs never go straight down. They bounce around and rebuild hope and promise that may have been temporarily lost by a quick correction. When complacency again sets in, the hammer falls.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the long run, fundamentals rule. Short term swings are less important.

What is increasing at a faster rate, newly created currency or newly mined gold?

What will be worth more in 5 years, $1,338 or one ounce of gold?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    There's no reason silver would disappear... if demand increases then higher prices will follow. That's all.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    EGYPT.....population 80 million.....termoil in the Middle East.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I am new to the Precious Metals Buillion market but swooped up silver bars at a quick pace.

For some reason I just don't buy this shortage and delay of delivery, has this been normal practice throughout the years by the brokers/dealers?

Could it be a marketing conspiracy to say that everything is 2-3 week delay, at least that's the timeframe it's taken for me to receive my orders.

Watching all those youtube video's makes me wonder if there is a conspiracy behind the conspiracy theory.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    There is big time uncertainty in the financial markets this weekend. There are some folks that are calling for a full on market collapse on Monday.

Link
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am new to the Precious Metals Buillion market but swooped up silver bars at a quick pace.

For some reason I just don't buy this shortage and delay of delivery, has this been normal practice throughout the years by the brokers/dealers?

Could it be a marketing conspiracy to say that everything is 2-3 week delay, at least that's the timeframe it's taken for me to receive my orders.

Watching all those youtube video's makes me wonder if there is a conspiracy behind the conspiracy theory. >>

No, this is not "normal".

To partially answer your question you should have been checked PM levels 1-2 years ago. 1000 oz (yes, thousand) bars were freely available. Then they dried up. You really don't see them anymore...anywhere. They all get grabbed by COMEX to meet deliveries. Maybe you can backorder them and wait a few months, I don't know. Now it appears 100 oz bars are getting "tougher" to find. I see some are sold out, some are on back-order and some available at some sites. Again, this is scarcer than I've ever seen them.

Time will tell. But there are a lot of people claiming shortages and a several website inventories seem to confirm this. You should also be aware that US Mint Sales of Silver Eagles have been going higher and higher each month...so...you decide.

I think the shortage will "ease" when prices rise. But again, I think that will be only temporary - there's just not a lot of metal out there. Bill Gates could buy the world silver supply at these prices. Think about that one too.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I'll bet Tulving has hundreds of thousands ounces of silver on hand...
  • Options

<< <i>I'll bet Tulving has hundreds of thousands ounces of silver on hand... >>

Who or what is Tulving?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "500,000 oz. of silver in stock........."

If you look closely, Tulving is trying to lure 1,000 oz. bars out of the woodwork by swapping 10 oz. or 100 oz. bars for them. Does that mean there is a premium developing by Comex traders for the 1,000 ozers?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"500,000 oz. of silver in stock........."

If you look closely, Tulving is trying to lure 1,000 oz. bars out of the woodwork by swapping 10 oz. or 100 oz. bars for them. Does that mean there is a premium developing by Comex traders for the 1,000 ozers? >>

He is charging 75 cents per ounce for you to swap your 1,000 bar into either 10 100's or 100 10's, but he is paying shipping and insurance both ways out of that. All in all a not unreasonable deal, since most B&M's hate 1,000 ounce bars and deeply discount them because THEY have to pay shipping and insurance to get rid of them.

That said, I thought that COMEX would only accept deliverable bars directly from known refiners, lest they inventory one of the widely-rumored adulterated bars.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

What is the advantage of having 1000 oz bars over smaller ones. I should think the smaller bars would be easier to move?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason silver would disappear... if demand increases then higher prices will follow. That's all.

Maybe not totally disappear since there 700-800 million ounces being mined every year. But the overhang of billions of ounces of silver that existed for decades is now buried in landfills.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

The US Mint is using that much every year now in silver eagles!
  • Options
    If you take the time to listen to the interview with Bill Haynes, he says that there are a bunch of people waiting to buy on a price drop. IF the price drop materializes, then it's probable that the inventory of 100 oz bars would be bought up rather quickly but at the same time the premium on the 100 oz bars would rise. Makes sense. He also states that people who tend to say they will buy at a certain point will tend to lower their price buy point once their target is met and eventually the price will reverse and go higher and leave them without having bought any silver.

So having said this, it tells me that the investment demand for silver is very strong and if you want to increase your silver position, then buy some at each price drop not worrying about whether it will go down another dollar or two.

• Options

That is what I have been doing. I don't wait for a drop because it has been going up and down, I just buy whenever I see a good deal.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, its been two days and mine aren't gone. I'll check the safe again tomorrow.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"500,000 oz. of silver in stock........."

If you look closely, Tulving is trying to lure 1,000 oz. bars out of the woodwork by swapping 10 oz. or 100 oz. bars for them. Does that mean there is a premium developing by Comex traders for the 1,000 ozers? >>

I went there this morning to pick up a tube of quarter oz. gold eagles and they are out! Always my first choice for buying quantity. Many wonderful transactions with them. Just wish they would hire a website guy.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt