Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GSA prices

I have been wanting a DMPL for type and decided to make it a GSA in the box with papers and NGC cert. Does anybody publish a price guide for these and is there any difference between the 1884 cc or the 83cc. I know about ebay and HA records I was looking for retail like red book or greysheet

Comments

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a Redbook or Greysheet handy, but I imagine the prices would be the same as the published values with no premium. Regarding date, I don't think there's really any difference in price between the 83 and 84.

By the way, Heritage's auction archives does show "retail" prices for coins in their listings (i.e. Numismedia, Coin World Trends, PCGS price guide, etc.). I don't think the Redbook published DMPL values.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been wanting a DMPL for type and decided to make it a GSA in the box with papers and NGC cert. Does anybody publish a price guide for these and is there any difference between the 1884 cc or the 83cc. I know about ebay and HA records I was looking for retail like red book or greysheet >>

Redbook does not list GSA, only the coins themselves.

You're better bet would be to look at Greysheet as I believe the GSAs are listed there.

One of my dealers sells GSA CC Morgans at Greysheet prices. The price he has for the 1883CC GSA $300, and the 1884CC GSA $350. Both are MS64DMPL.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have been wanting a DMPL for type and decided to make it a GSA in the box with papers and NGC cert. Does anybody publish a price guide for these and is there any difference between the 1884 cc or the 83cc. I know about ebay and HA records I was looking for retail like red book or greysheet >>

You're better bet would be to look at Greysheet as I believe the GSAs are listed there.

One of my dealers sells GSA CC Morgans at Greysheet prices. The price he has for the 1883CC GSA $300, and the 1884CC GSA $350. Both are MS64DMPL. >>

I think those prices are real good and below market for the most part.

I dont think GSA DMPL bring a premium in 64 and below, in 65 and above depending on the year they could.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC does list them in their price guide NCG GSA

Mr. Willis and Mr. Hall wanted ideas of what they could do, years ago. Asked for the input of the
    forum. Some of us responded that PCGS do what NGC was doing with the GSA slabs. "They are
    working on that" was our response. Hmmmmmm,, hasn't happened yet!

I'm still waiting. Have never sent a coin to NGC. Guess they will stay "raw".

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Numismedia has a separate listing for them LINK
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

<< <i>

One of my dealers sells GSA CC Morgans at Greysheet prices. The price he has for the 1883CC GSA $300, and the 1884CC GSA $350. Both are MS64DMPL. >>

You better buy em then because 64 DMPL's are worth much more than that! Of course thats if they are really DMPL's!
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    that is too cheap for true DMPL 64 GSA's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think those prices are real good and below market for the most part.

I dont think GSA DMPL bring a premium in 64 and below, in 65 and above depending on the year they could. >>

I agree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file