Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade Lincoln Style! :)

1914 P 1c

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Either XF-45 or AU-50. I'm leaning towards 45, as I'm not sure there's enough luster for a 50.

-Paul
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Brown cents are hard to grade in photos... MS62BN? or maybe an AU55? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Either XF-45 or AU-50. I'm leaning towards 45, as I'm not sure there's enough luster for a 50.
    -Paul >>

I'm with Paul on this one.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    In a way I'd like to say higher because it does have some red in the details like above the hair.
    But it looks the rest of it doesn't have enough luster for an AU.

So I'm thinking more likely EF45.
    Ed
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XF45. Nice.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Good Job guys, it was xf 45... There is a lot of hair detail in the beard, thought it should have atleast been an AU.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    2 score and 5 grading points?

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    I would of said AU 50. Based on the image. Cool reverse nice woody look.image
  • Options
    No way that is XF. At least AU-50. An EF has to have obvious wear which this coin does not.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would of said AU 50. Based on the image. Cool reverse nice woody look.image >>

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting a Lincoln thread. We haven't had enough of these lately. Having said that, you posted a guess the grade thread and gave the answer 30 minutes later. Be a little more patient next time so those of us on the East coast can play when we wake up. It looks like a nice strike and I would have said AU as well. Not sure if the date/grade was worth the slabbing fees though....
  • Options
    AU53
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>AU53 >>

What he said....me too.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have graded that image AU50, and I tend to be conservative on Lincolns. The only way I can see that as a 45 is if the surfaces are extremely dull and lifeless.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>AU53 >>

What he said....me too. >>

Me three!
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    AU-55 and a nice look.
    Tom

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would have graded that image AU50, and I tend to be conservative on Lincolns. The only way I can see that as a 45 is if the surfaces are extremely dull and lifeless.

Sean Reynolds >>

Sorry guys, I should have waited for you Eastern side of the country folks! image I believe this coin is a truly undergraded. I elected to have it graded because I thought it had a decent shot at AU-55 to 58. The surfaces are not dull at all. The only thing is there is a tick mark on the reverse bottom at K600.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file