Home U.S. Coin Forum

Collectors Club Question(s)

1 - Can you submit Crossovers with your Collectors Club voucher?

2 - Can you submit World Coins with your Collectors Club voucher?

3 - Can you submit World Coins for Secure Plus slabs with your Collectors Club voucher?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Okay, #2 and #3 are confirmed here:

Enjoy all the benefits of Silver membership plus a voucher for eight (8) U.S. or World coin submissions

All eight (8) coins must be submitted at once, fall under same type of submission, and be accompanied by the voucher

Voucher offer is not valid for Mint Errors, Special Issues, First Strike fees, Variety Attribution fees or coins valued over $3,000

Retail value of this package is $279.50

Join for only $199 US or $219 Intl

What about #1... can you submit crossovers using the Collectors Club vouchers?
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can. At least you used to be able to, but I don't know if those rules changed or not.

• I was wondering if I could send in U.S. coins for Secure Plus grading using the voucher, either raw submission or regrade of non-Secure Plus to get into Secure Plus. (Plus or minus any actual pluses...)
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    The only hang up I could imagine would be in finding 8 (or 4) cross overs to submit since all 8 (or 4) need to be submitted on the same form.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Unless things have changed recently, you can submit crossovers with your vouchers for joining the Collector's Club. I have not owned a raw US coin for many years, so everything I submit is for crossover.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
    You can't submit crossovers for Secure Plus. image
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    You might want to call and ask to be sure.

I think you need to send all raw or all crossovers. Not a mix.

?
    Ed

<< <i>You might want to call and ask to be sure.

I think you need to send all raw or all crossovers. Not a mix.

? >>

I e-mailed... I can submit 8 world coins in NGC slabs under Collectors Club, but they can't be graded and slabbed in Secure Plus holders.
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

You can use your collector club vouchers for any type of Standard or Secure Plus Regular level service.

<< <i>1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

You can use your collector club vouchers for any type of Standard or Secure Plus Regular level service. >>

Don - Your customer service staff said I couldn't submit crossovers under the Secure Plus service... it's good to know we're good to go! image
  • Thank you, Mr. Don Willis. Depending on how quickly or slowly I accumulate raws versus the next few quarterly specials, I may end up using the voucher mid-year to regrade and get my better coins into Secure Plus holders.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

You can use your collector club vouchers for any type of Standard or Secure Plus Regular level service. >>

Don - Your customer service staff said I couldn't submit crossovers under the Secure Plus service... it's good to know we're good to go! image >>

From what I understand, the vouchers are good for covering Regular Submission Fee's. Any aditional Secure Plus fee's would require you to pay for them with the submission. For US Coins, thats an additional $15 per coin.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Let me clarify how you can use your vochures.

Your vouchures are good for any Regular service. That means Grading, Regrading or Crossover.

Your vouchures can be used for Standard or Secure Plus submissions.

All the regular rules apply to submissions.

Only Grading and Regrading submissions are allowed under Secure Plus. You cannot send in a Crossover through Secure Plus no matter how you pay for it.

• mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

Do we need to pay the extra $15 per coin to get SecurePlus, or is the full $45 per coin cost covered by the voucher?
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me clarify how you can use your vochures.

Your vouchures are good for any Regular service. That means Grading, Regrading or Crossover.

Only Grading and Regrading submissions are allowed under Secure Plus. You cannot send in a Crossover through Secure Plus no matter how you pay for it. >>

Don,
    Your answer here is clear and informative. As you can see by the questions in this thread, the "rules" that PCGS have are sometimes confussing and the answers from Customer Service are sometimes wrong. May I suggest that PCGS create a special section on site devoted EXCLUSIVELY to DETAIL information about various topics like submissions, services, etc. so that ALL submitters would be informed to go to that location to get OFFICIAL "rules". Thank you for your consideration.
    Steveimage

<< <i>

<< <i>1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

Do we need to pay the extra $15 per coin to get SecurePlus, or is the full $45 per coin cost covered by the voucher? >>

No, they have 24 of our coins that we submitted using SecurePlus with CC vouchers. We only paid the $8 plus shipping.
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Let me clarify how you can use your vochures.

Only Grading and Regrading submissions are allowed under Secure Plus. You cannot send in a Crossover through Secure Plus no matter how you pay for it. >>

Don,
    Your answer here is clear and informative. As you can see by the questions in this thread, the "rules" that PCGS have are sometimes confussing and the answers from Customer Service are sometimes wrong. May I suggest that PCGS create a special section on site devoted EXCLUSIVELY to DETAIL information about various topics like submissions, services, etc. so that ALL submitters would be informed to go to that location to get OFFICIAL "rules". Thank you for your consideration.
    Steveimage >>

...EXCELLENT SUGGESTION!!!!
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware of being able to submit under Secure Plus using a voucher and I just sent out an 8 coin voucher using Standard.

Had I known I would have used Secure Plus.
    Many happy BST transactions

<< <i>I wasn't aware of being able to submit under Secure Plus using a voucher and I just sent out an 8 coin voucher using Standard.

Had I known I would have used Secure Plus. >>

If they haven't received the coins, call them... they can change the order for you. PCGS has great customer service. I've been impressed to date... but, as my ex-wife used to say, there's still time to fail! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file