Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Do World Coin crossovers differ than US Coin crossovers?

For those that collect slabbed World Coins, have you had any luck crossing NGC, ICG, ANACS, etc. slabs to PCGS?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    It's almost exactly the same as US coins in my limited experience, NGC doesn't like to cross PCGS coins, and PCGS doesn't like to cross NGC coins. They will of course, but the coin better be very strong for the grade assigned. I tried the game once, and only about 1/3 of the submitted coins crossed to NGC, so I don't play anymore. If I buy the coin whatever slab they are in is what it stays in. That's also why I use the NGC Registry, they accept both.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I share JMCHouston's experiences with NGC==>PCGS, pretty much a 40-60 chance for a crossover. I have had some excellent submissions in the past couple of years and some truly dismal ones.

As for ANACS==>PCGS, I have yet to see a downgrade on a single coin, whether I submit the ANACS slab or crack the coin out of an ANACS (new or old slabs). I have averaged over 1 point of upgrade overall when going to PCGS.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I share JMCHouston's experiences with NGC==>PCGS, pretty much a 40-60 chance for a crossover. I have had some excellent submissions in the past couple of years and some truly dismal ones.

As for ANACS==>PCGS, I have yet to see a downgrade on a single coin, whether I submit the ANACS slab or crack the coin out of an ANACS (new or old slabs). I have averaged over 1 point of upgrade overall when going to PCGS. >>

Is that the old ANACS slab or any ANACS slabs?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards