Home U.S. Coin Forum

I recently received an Admirals coin while aboard the USS John C Stennis. My first :D

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
I received the coin after briefing the rear admiral on the status of our flight testing while underway on the USS John C Stennis (CVN-74) last week. The most interesting point of the coin is the Rear Admirals name, Joseph P. Aucoin. I always buy a ship coin and a ship patch when I go out on ships for work. I have a ship coin from all the carriers currently in service, except the Stennis, they were out of stock image I guess my next chance will be in two years when we visit the ship again.

imageimage

Comments

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received the coin after briefing the rear admiral on the status of our flight testing while underway on the USS John C Stennis (CVN-74) last week. The most interesting point of the coin is the Rear Admirals name, Joseph P. Aucoin. I always buy a ship coin and a ship patch when I go out on ships for work. I have a ship coin from all the carriers currently in service, except the Stennis, they were out of stock image I guess my next chance will be in two years when we visit the ship again.

imageimage >>

Cool.

I'm a Plank Owner of this ship. image
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I have a collection of Zippos from most of the Ohio class subs from my days as civil servant.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I feel like I'm with family! image

I received lots of coins from flag/general officers/dignitaries while in Iraq/Afghanistan. I even received three different challenge coins from General Petraeus in a six month period (one as CENTCOM and two as ISAF/USFOR-A). I still prefer Navy over any other service/agency. I prefer SEAL coins the best, although I received a really neat NCIS Polygraph coin in Kabul.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The most interesting point of the coin is the Rear Admirals name, Joseph P. Aucoin. >>

Are you kidding me!?! Great name for the rear admiral! Too bad the ship coin isn't an au coin.

Think the admiral has a 'boatload' collection of gold coins? image
  • Very cool, I didn't know these things even existed. Thanks for sharing!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very cool, I didn't know these things even existed. Thanks for sharing! >>

Here is an old thread I posted with pictures of most of my coins at the time:

Link to picture post
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very cool, I didn't know these things even existed. Thanks for sharing! >>

Here is an old thread I posted with pictures of most of my coins at the time: >>

Since I missed that thread, here are some of the coins I've received over the past 25+ years. I retired from the Army in 2005. image

• Outstanding. I have some Commanders coins as well but none from Flag Staff.

My best "Navy" coin is the 1990 Ike Commen. I made the med cruise on CVN-69 Eisenhower in 1990 so it was mighty fine timing and makes a great memory.

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file