Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is this a good purchase?

Can someone tell me their thoughts and opinions as to whether or not these early release MS70's are good purchases? Pros and cons to purchasing this coin in the $110-120 range?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Chinese-SILVER-PANDA-China-NGC-MS70-Early-Release-/140502741707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b69db2cb

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    It seems that anything from China is a good purchase... they (the Chinese people) seem to be buying (and probably will continue to buy) more and more items from China. Once their general population starts collecting coins, these should continue to rise in price (and maybe they can force the counterfeit slabs out internally).
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    The pro's - it's an interesting and pretty design

The con's - it's some of the most expensive bullion available

• Options
    Are you buying it for your collection or for investment?
    Olmanjonimage
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭

<< <i>Are you buying it for your collection or for investment?
    Olmanjonimage >>

I was considering it for both, actually.

But I've heard a lot of negative feedback about purchasing this coin as an investment. I hear a lot of "MS69's will look just as good for a fraction of the price." But "if" the desirability of the coin goes up, won't the 70 always be more desirable?

Also, how many "early releases" will be slabbed? Won't this play a large part in the future investment potential of this coin? Especially since this is the first Panda to garner "early release" status?

I guess I'm just fishing for education...

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    My gold/platinum China Panda collection are NOT slabbed and I prefer them that way. I do buy some slabbed but only if they are available at the same or NOT too big a difference from an unslabbed one. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)