Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why would a slabbed coin not appear in the Population Report?

I'm doing some researched and, out of 24 slabbed coins, 5 didn't appear in the population report. What would cause such delta? Poor record keeping? Coin no longer resides in that specific slab and has been removed from the population report? Counterfeit slab (least likely in my case)? Other?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you expand on this a little, Larry. What are the 24 coins? Who has them? What are their grades? When were they graded? How is it you "know" about these 24 coins?

Maybe then we can have fun guessing the reason(s). Certainly regrades can change the pops. Crossovers to another TPG and returns of the certs would do it too.
    Lance.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    They're darkside coins... I was just wondering what percentage might be clerical error vs. the coins being "freed" or crossed over to another TPG. They're not significant enough to identify each of the 24/5.
  • Options
    one example would be some error coins. the coin below does not show in pop reports.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you check the pop report for error coins or the regular pop report. image

My guess would be that error coins, although they may hold a grade, are not included in the pop report.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    None of the coins are errors or variations. It would be nice though for ALL coin populations to be accessible online!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have called ANACS about this before. Sometimes the separate the varieties out of the general population and record them on their own line....and sometimes they just group the variety with the normal so it looks like it does not exist. Fun stuff! I could see them doing this with errors as well. The best thing to do is to call the TPG and verify the cert over the phone if you have a question about it I guess. Good luck.
    The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties - Ends July 7th! :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file