Home U.S. Coin Forum

Why would CNN bash the wonderful 911 memorial products!?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .......I must have missed it,

-neither saw nor heard anything about D.Carr
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the medals (not coins, please) are the 9/11 pieces that D. Carr designed back in 2005 or so. I understand that it was contract job and D. Carr had nothing to do with the misrepresentation of them in the sales ads. Also D.Carr had distanced himself from the National Collectors Mint as soon as he realized what they were up to.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Ditto , there's nothing about D Carr that i heard and i listened for it.

Edited : I see Eagle eyes reply now.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the medals (not coins, please) are the 9/11 pieces that D. Carr designed back in 2005 or so. I understand that it was contract job and D. Carr had nothing to do with the misrepresentation of them in the sales ads. Also D.Carr had distanced himself from the National Collectors Mint as soon as he realized what they were up to. >>

The Carr peice was a legal tender genuine authentic *ahem* Liberian dollar...
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the medals (not coins, please) are the 9/11 pieces that D. Carr designed back in 2005 or so. I understand that it was contract job and D. Carr had nothing to do with the misrepresentation of them in the sales ads. Also D.Carr had distanced himself from the National Collectors Mint as soon as attorney general of New York, Eliot Spitzer obtained a court order against National Collectors Mint to halt sales of the "Freedom Tower Silver Dollar" coin.
    >>

Fixed that for ya. image

• << <i>

<< <i>I think the medals (not coins, please) are the 9/11 pieces that D. Carr designed back in 2005 or so. I understand that it was contract job and D. Carr had nothing to do with the misrepresentation of them in the sales ads. Also D.Carr had distanced himself from the National Collectors Mint as soon as attorney general of New York, Eliot Spitzer obtained a court order against National Collectors Mint to halt sales of the "Freedom Tower Silver Dollar" coin.
    >>

Fixed that for ya. image >>

these type of posts are the reason Mr. Willis has to be so involved lately on the forums and reason new guys as myself don't get involved if your going to make a post for the simple reason of trying to bash someone that we all can tell you dont like think twice and go take a breather instead. simple fact as i see it Mr. Carr is a designer who was paid to design something now back to the topic of this forum U.S. Coins...collect cherish and have fun
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, this thread title is very misleading. You are doing Mr. Carr a disservice. I would request that you greatly amend the title to remove his name.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>Please, this thread title is very misleading. You are doing Mr. Carr a disservice. I would request that you greatly amend the title to remove his name.
    TD >>

I agree.
    Kiyote -- Your misdirection in your title to this thread is just as bad as National Collectors Mint's advertising. Making you no better than National Collectors Mint. There is enough misleading information floating around without your little game.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    These are the "coins" improperly marked "one dollar" where you can stand up the twin towers and knock 'em down again!

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are the "coins" improperly marked "one dollar" where you can stand up the twin towers and knock 'em down again!

image >>

Not defending their pusillanimous junk - but the coin is a Liberian Dollar coin, authorised by some warlord or whatever in that war torn African nation. Of course they do NOT tell you that it is NOT a US dollar.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cherish this one....

DC Link
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'd like to hear what he has to say about the matter.

He distanced himself after the fact.

However, he knew what he was making while making it.

makes you go image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here in NYC, there has been very heavy criticism of these "coins", which many of the first responders consider nothing but a way to make money off tragedy. Personnel that was actually involved in recovering the buried PM under Ground Zero also state there is "no way" these coisn are made with any PM recovered from the WTC site.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>Well, I'd like to hear what he has to say about the matter.

He distanced himself after the fact.

However, he knew what he was making while making it.

makes you go image >>

That's interesting , presumably paid though ? It's easy to distance oneself after being paid for services.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file