Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A 1958 Proof Franklin is up for auction on EBay that looks similar to the 1959 Franklin auction thre

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
............... quite a bit of buzz last fall.

Check out the 1958 half and tell us what you think?

2 days left in the auction. 8 bids so far with a high bid of just over $33.00.

Anyone interested in bidding?

Comments

• Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    Link?
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I remember that seller bidding on ebay on many cameo or better coins that may have potential. I would think he knows what he is doing and the coin isn't in the best of grade so its being offered raw.
  • Options
    RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
  • Options
    This auction should be fun to watch,.......................... and to comment upon in this thread as events unfold.

I wonder if the high bidder on the 1959 half (NewParadigm on these forums?) will choose to bid on the 1958 half now up for auction?
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I have delt with that seller and he has some hefty reserves on his sets. If someone wants it they are going to have to pony up real strong!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    About seven hours left in the auction. 11 bids so far with the high bid being 49 dollars. How high will the bidding go?
  • Options
    About 50 minutes left for the auction. Currently there are 12 bids from 9 bidders, with the high bid being $51.00.

I suspect numerous bids will be placed in the last minute or two of the auction. Whether the reserve will be met is up in the air.

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    What am I missing, I see maybe a 30-40 dollar coin?? Is the holder special?
  • Options
    I clicked the link and it had 17 sec left to go. Was $81 but somebody sniped it for $91 with a couple seconds to go.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file