Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SWAPPED! one ugly 1914-S VG Barber half! Woohoo!

Boy howdy, I'll bet they'll be lined up around the block for this swap, huh? image

*** UPDATE: not exactly, but I finally found a vict- uh- swapping partner. Sorry, y'all missed out! ***

Available for trade is, as the title indicates, a VG 1914-S Barber half.

Thing is, it's got a big, ugly reddish-brown stain that looks like rust across the obverse. I tried acetone to remove it, to no avail. I suppose I could have tried scrubbing the living daylights out of it with baking soda, but then I'd have a shiny ugly Barber half, and it would probably still have some of that stain left, whatever it is. (Maybe paint or varnish, but it resisted acetone, so who knows). If I still had an electrolysis rig, I'd have "zapped" it- it might respond to electrolysis.

This thing's still worth the silver value, at least. It might make a fun and inexpensive project coin, if you wanna fiddle around with it and try to remove the stain, or carry it as a pocket piece and maybe five years later you'll have naturally worn off the stain. I carried it around in my pocket for a week but I figgered I'd just eventually end up losing it. Or you could use it for riflery practice or as slingshot ammo.

So, who wants to adopt this problem child?

It's available for trade, and in return, I want... ANYTHING. Whatever you choose. Something worth approximately the melt value of a silver half dollar. Or even a little less than that, if it's something interesting or pretty. This is a throwaway trade, so I might as well have fun with it and let you send me a "surprise".

Just don't send me ANOTHER ugly coin. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments