Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I have a Lincoln Wheat Penny question

Hello everyone.

I am snowbound tonight and most likely tomorrow so I pulled out some old Wheaties I needed to put in 2x2's. I am not even close to a moderate novice when it comes to Lincoln pennies but I was wondering if die cracks in wheat pennies were common and if there is any premium for them?
Thanks for your help and education.

Cliff
RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Cracks, chips, blobs etc... are common. Especially in the 50s.

Probably no premium on them.
    Ed
  • Options
    Thanks

Those are the years I am seeing them in.

Cliff
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes those cracks, chips and blobs can start to look like things too...
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty common to find die cracks but that doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see pics. image

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    Yeah, the other day I was looking at some of my circulated wheaties and noticed the top of the 5 of a 1953-S was filled and I wondered if it had any extra value. I guess not.
  • Options
    I just love this board. You guys give and give and make it fun.

Thanks

Cliff
    RACC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file