Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver Eagle Question

Anyone know the termination date for the Silver Eagle Program? Or is it just the bullion standard until Congress decides otherwise?

John
Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the Bullion program has no termination date and will continue until the law gets changed.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I thought there was some law as to the length of a program. 25 years or something.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Good to go. Then it means I need to order some new storage boxes I guess. Got a full uncirc set with every possible variety in NGC boxes and had two extra boxes and gave them away or traded them a while back.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John,

You are mixing things up. The 25 years is for changing a coin's design w/o congress.
    There is no scheduled end date for the American Eagle programs.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>John,

You are mixing things up. The 25 years is for changing a coin's design w/o congress.
    There is no scheduled end date for the American Eagle programs. >>

Thanks for the clarification.

John
    Coin Photos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file