Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NCNA

Any Members of NCNA regualar posters here??
J'har

Comments

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭
    i was a member years back but my membership has since expired

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Maybe jdimmick?
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in NC but have no idea what NCNA is.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

<< <i>I'm in NC but have no idea what NCNA is. >>

Link
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a member, but I'm a former NC resident and used to go to the NCNA shows.

I'll edit to add a personal anecdote that will interest perhaps 10% of you and bore the crap out of the remaining 90%.

It was at the NCNA show at the state fairgrounds in 2000 that I started my Holey Coin Vest thing. Johnny Atha is a local there who had a western shirt with all kinds of holey coins sewn on it, from depression-era scrip to Draped Bust quarters. They were sewn all over the shirt randomly, and jingled considerably when he moved. "I like 'em to bang together," he told me. I winced inwardly at the thought.

Then I decided to do it myself, but improve on the idea and do it a bit more artistically. I put the coins on fishing swivels so they could be taken off or put on without having to resew each time, and I added some semiprecious gemstone beads and other baubles, just to be totally over the top. A few years later my trademark top hat with holey gold coins came along.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I am also in NC and had never heard of the organization. I printed a copy of their application and might join. They are out of Statesville, about 60 miles from here.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    kahokiakahokia Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Ron, which direction are you from Statesville? I'm about an hour north of Statesville, just over the border. I believe the prez of the organization usually sets up at the Charlotte show. (Next show is the second weekend in February, I believe.) Very helpful guy. I haven't been a tarheel in fifty years, but I'm considering joining.
    We are digging the pit of Babel.
    --Franz Kafka
  • Options

<< <i>Ron, which direction are you from Statesville? I'm about an hour north of Statesville, just over the border. I believe the prez of the organization usually sets up at the Charlotte show. (Next show is the second weekend in February, I believe.) Very helpful guy. I haven't been a tarheel in fifty years, but I'm considering joining. >>

I live south of Statesville 20 miles west of Charlotte just off I-85. I live just outside Gastonia, 10 miles from the South Carolina state line.

Ron
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes,

I am

North Carolina Numismatic Association There annual show is in hickory, NC in october. They have been looking at trying to re-locate the venue more centralized, but they are having a hard time finding a local club that will help in hosting/ setting up from what I have gathered.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current president is Bill Brewer who is from Statesville, NC. He does set up at several of the shows in that area as well as charlotte and raleigh on occasions.
  • Options
    Just an update on this. I downloaded the application and mailed it on Friday's morning. I might get turned down since I don't know what I might offer. Like Groucho said, "I wouldn't belong to an organization that would have me as a member."

Ron

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file