Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shipping to Germany

What is the safest way shipping to Germany from the US. Value of about 350.00 us dollars.
Jamie
It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safest is always Registered or Express. Insurance is often heavily restricted outside of Express Mail on international shipments (if you go to the USPS site and get the package rate, you can see how much insurance you can add when you play with different shipping methods).
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several years ago (maybe things have changed since) I send a Registered package to Germany
    with insurance for $70. Not much but wanted the coverage. My package got to NY from Vegas
    and that's as far as tracking went. Where the pkg went from there is anyone's guess. Recipient
    in Germany never got package. I filed a claim for the $70. I had to prove value which was no
    problem. Waited and waited. 18 months later I got a check for $30. No explanation and no
    recourse.
    Registered, they say, is the safest way to ship but when it leaves the USA I have my doubts.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    The only registered package I have ever lost was sent to Germany. Not that this proves anything, but there it is.

BTW- you only get about 50 bucks of coverage with registered mail sent internationally.
  • Options
    Ok thanks everyone !!!!
    Jamie
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy your insurance through a third-party insurer like shipsurance.com. It'll cost something like $6 for $350 worth of coverage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file