Home Sports Talk

Peter King of SI - genius?

mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10244/1084047-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Sports Illustrated pick defies Big Ben logic
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger's suspension for at least four games and the team's 9-7 record last season has many in the prognostication field leaving the Steelers out of the playoffs again this season. But one prominent NFL reporter is picking the Steelers to raise the Lombardi Trophy for the seventh time.

Sports Illustrated picked the Steelers to win Super Bowl XLV. Senior NFL writer Peter King predicted the Steelers will beat the Green Bay Packers, 33-27, to win the championship.

Comments

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10244/1084047-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Sports Illustrated pick defies Big Ben logic
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010
    By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger's suspension for at least four games and the team's 9-7 record last season has many in the prognostication field leaving the Steelers out of the playoffs again this season. But one prominent NFL reporter is picking the Steelers to raise the Lombardi Trophy for the seventh time.

Sports Illustrated picked the Steelers to win Super Bowl XLV. Senior NFL writer Peter King predicted the Steelers will beat the Green Bay Packers, 33-27, to win the championship. >>

Uh-No.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's similar to the old saying...many thousands of monkeys typing out many thousands of predictions, and sooner or later one is gonna be right.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    My dog was eating out of a Saints food bowl last year. He was trying to tell us something...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's similar to the old saying...many thousands of monkeys typing out many thousands of predictions, and sooner or later one is gonna be right. >>

In 2008, I correctly predicted the last 3 rounds of the NHL playoffs, including the lengths of each series and so on. I must be a genius image Notice I don't mention the other million times I've made sports predictions.

I will say that I correctly predicted Aaron Rodgers would be a superstar.

Tabe
  • If Peter King is a genius, then it must be a new found talent of his.
    Here are his picks from 2009