Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

64 peace matte

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    image Very nice look to her! Wish I had purchased one. I got the die pair 5 and love it!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image Very nice look to her! Wish I had purchased one. I got the die pair 5 and love it! >>

There's one one ebay for $305, two days left.

(Not mine)
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys. I've been vocal about my dislike of dcarr's work in the past. Borderline abusive. But he hit the ball out of the park with these pieces. And the matte in particular? Incredible.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    I just picked mine up from the USPS yesterday after missing delivery on Monday. It certainly is an exceptional coin.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely beautiful - I just got mine two days ago and still take it out and look at it - I do not do that with most coins, even rare pieces. These to me are very much coin versions of the JS Boggs notes of a few years ago.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An odd thing, and I wonder if I may NOT be alone...

since buying two of these 64Ds, Ive since bought two more peace dollars, a 25 and a 23.....just cause they looked nice. I know nothing of the series or how to grade them.
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

<< <i>Absolutely beautiful - I just got mine two days ago and still take it out and look at it - I do not do that with most coins, even rare pieces. These to me are very much coin versions of the JS Boggs notes of a few years ago. >>

......I find myself constantly pulling out my Fantasy Dollars too , gawking at them ................

and I do find myself bidding on PCGS Peace Dollars ; something I had never done before !
  • Options

<< <i>Absolutely beautiful - I just got mine two days ago and still take it out and look at it - I do not do that with most coins, even rare pieces. These to me are very much coin versions of the JS Boggs notes of a few years ago. >>

image I have not started buying more old Peace dollars on ebay, yet! I did pull out my peace dollars and reacquainted myself with what I have. D. Carr has reawakened my appreciation of Peace dollars. image
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the Dillon variety.........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Call me contrarian but I'm not all that into the matte version. So far my favorite has been the lowly "bag-handled" issues.
  • Options
    .the Matte is my least favorite of the 5 sub types ....the P.L is the #1 in my eye's
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.the Matte is my least favorite of the 5 sub types ....the P.L is the #1 in my eye's >>

Patience my friend.
    There were already several threads on page one.
    There was no need to raise this one at this time.
    Control yourself and wait till these threads drop off page one
    before topping them.
    Sheesh...
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, guys. I've been vocal about my dislike of dcarr's work in the past. Borderline abusive. But he hit the ball out of the park with these pieces. And the matte in particular? Incredible. >>

hmmmm, his other "stuff" was/is unique, depicting a Native American as "liberty" in his Ameros are beautiful as an example. (IMHO)

• Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    Control yourself and wait till these threads drop off page one

.self control is not a strong point for me ..............I will attempt to stifle myself more often

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file