Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

scammer on ebay

Here is one link ebay auction

Check out all his completed auctions. The pictures and prices are all over the place.

This guy is selling ipods, rolex's and large gold bars at too good to be true prices. I bought one only because it wasn't immediate payment. The guy emailed me demanding a wire transfer and keeps asking when I will transfer the money. I reported him to eBay already. If you feel so inclined please do the same.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    palladium below melt!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    The link has a guy selling a truck and a rolex , insisting on paypal , i'd hesitate to label it a scam.Maybe i'm seeing something different ? Don't see the palladium.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>The link has a guy selling a truck and a rolex , insisting on paypal , i'd hesitate to label it a scam.Maybe i'm seeing something different ? Don't see the palladium. >>

Check his recently completed listings.
  • Options

<< <i>The link has a guy selling a truck and a rolex , insisting on paypal , i'd hesitate to label it a scam.Maybe i'm seeing something different ? >>

I agree, however he emailed after the auction insisting he would only accept a wire transfer. That is what pushed it over the edge for me.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The link has a guy selling a truck and a rolex , insisting on paypal , i'd hesitate to label it a scam.Maybe i'm seeing something different ? Don't see the palladium. >>

Check his recently completed listings. >>

Ahhhh ... thank you , one rolex i can understand , 5 identical rolexes...not so much. Apologies to the OP , looks like a scam right enough.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to worry about. With a feedback of only three, paypal will hold the funds until buyer gets item. Low feedback sellers are the only ones to take a chance on.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

"immediate payment is required with in 2 hrs of end of listing"

Wow - must be going somewhere fast - perhaps selling stolen goods and one step ahead of the law?
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Positive BST Transactions: kalshacon
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> "immediate payment is required with in 2 hrs of end of listing"

Wow - must be going somewhere fast - perhaps selling stolen goods and one step ahead of the law? >>

one never knows these days
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His 10oz Perth bars he says he purchased on Ebay a few years back.....oh yeah, right.

Nothing would indicate that he purchased these ever.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>His 10oz Perth bars he says he purchased on Ebay a few years back.....oh yeah, right.

bob >>

Maybe he used one of his other accounts to make the purchase.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>His 10oz Perth bars he says he purchased on Ebay a few years back.....oh yeah, right.

bob >>

Maybe he used one of his other accounts to make the purchase. >>

give me the other account names and I'll look for ya!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    It looks like the scammer has sold over 100k worth of stuff in the past few days.

List of sold items

His gold bars all show the same serial number and look to be stock pictures.
  • Options
    Listed the auctions using a mobile Iphone too , the only thing i wonder is the completed sales go back to Jan 12th , no feedback on those . . . neither good nor bad feedback.That's quite curious.
  • Options

The high bidders on the watch he has selling currently ( at $3,850 !) have less than 12 feedbacks....beginners?, or something else????

......I collect old stuff......
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Obviously a hijacked account.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Obviously a hijacked account.

Russ, NCNE >>

Not anymore...

Amazing how fast eBay can act when they are smacked upside the head with a 2X4!
  • Options

<< <i>Not anymore... Amazing how fast eBay can act when they are smacked upside the head with a 2X4! >>

Nice, hopefully no one actually paid this guy. At any rate even if they did they should get their money back, but it just takes time. I wish there was an ongoing thread where people could post obvious scammers and bring them to the attention of the coin community. Does this exist already and I have just missed it? image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hopefully no one actually paid this guy. >>

Doesn't matter if they did. The seller fell under the PayPal 21 day hold rule so didn't even have access to the funds.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>The high bidders on the watch he has selling currently ( at $3,850 !) have less than 12 feedbacks....beginners?, or something else???? >>

Item removed, and seller ( rmsace( 3 ) ) is "no longer a registered user"..........that was fast.......will he move to a different account?????

......I collect old stuff......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file