Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Storage Question

Since Im working on a book what is the best way you feel to store my 2x2 coins that im using for reference. Right now i have them in 2x2 type boxes by row. but was thinking of going to 2x2 pages in binders. Which do you think will be more useful when working on the book and then when completed good for quick refernce and cross reference.

the 2x2 i thought would be good so i can label the binders for easy reference HOWEVER the same can be done with boxes. 2x2s i need to worry about PVC boxes i dont think i do as much. What is your take on this Im open to suggestions since im still using boxes now.
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Albums allow you to see more 2x2s at a time... I'd choose albums over boxes every day.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    The benefit of boxes might be they're more compact.
    408 die chips will fill a few folders. image
    Ed
  • Options
    my only scare and issue with 2x2 pages is making sure they are mylar. Ive seen dealers and companies say our pages are safe . Eddie something company they do alot of pages and different things and dealers use them for storage but have some plastic smell to them that scares me off but dealers tell me they are safe. Do ALL pages have some sort of smell to them? I just want to make sure i buy the right stuff if i go down that road. 408 chips is alot just a matter if of putting it in a way that is good for quick reference since outside of my electronic data base i have everything written on the back of 2x2 cards.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    I've had coins develop spots where the 2x2 had tiny holes, and the plastic pages
    were not inert.

Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of no 2x2 pages that are Mylar, and in fact I know of none that are not PVC. None of my coins get within 5 feet of any PVC, so pages are out.

Remember, the problem with PVC is the off-gassing and 2x2s are not airtight.

Personally, I like those old Whitman blue 2x2 storage boxes. They are made of Styrene plastic which is inert. I'm not sure those boxes are still made by Whitman, but another vendor now makes them (in China, sadly).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file