Home Precious Metals
Options

Oh, you only wanted a little gold? I'll just snap off a piece for you........

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
Check out the photochopped bar-----------------------------BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭
    You wonder if the owner pulled out a pair of tin snips and went to work...
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bar may have belonged to a jeweler who cut off parts of the bar to make jewelry or repairs to jewelry.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Seeing that photo make me wonder if having smaller amounts of gold might come in handy. Maby having smaller gold coins would make it easier to transact business on some levels. Could be as expensive as gold is the fractional gold coins such as the 1/10s 1/2s etc. would work better.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just making change to a customer.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That bar may have belonged to a jeweler who cut off parts of the bar to make jewelry or repairs to jewelry. >>

I've bought a lot of jewelers' scrap over the years, including remnants of bars cut to make up a melt for a casting, but no jeweler would use a kilo bar for that purpose. Why tie up that much money, since you can't sell the cuttings but only melt them?

Looks like somebody was checking out an incoming bar. Why they then used it in a picture I have no idea.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.