Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How about some Peace dollars to grade??

After gathering some nice looking peace dollars to submit I realize my grading skills for this series is limited.

How about some nice pictures of common date peace dollars in MS63-66 to add to my and the community knowledge.....................

Comments

• Options
    You can see what PCGS graded it. I give it no better than MS63. What say YOU? image

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid 65. request to post reverse.
  • Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to learn to grade Peace Dollars... a coin I had pegged for MS63 came back as XF45, another I had at AU50 (at best) came back MS62... I've been wrong on just about every single Peace Dollar I own. Its very frustrating...
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    For the MS64 cheek and fields look clean but I would have likely confused a weak strike with wear on the hair and eagles sholder.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    A lot of variation in the luster between MS coins.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of these coins was cracked out of a PCGS or NGC holder. Grades ranged from MS62-MS65

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Which coins recieved which grades??
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones with fewer marks, better strike, and more luster got the higher grades. The key dates tended to be lower grades.. I need to image the rest of the album...

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry...just had to do it.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<<How about some nice pictures of common date peace dollars in MS63-66 to add to my and the community knowledge.....................>>

Based on several of the images posted, a number of posters either don't know what a common date is, have problems with reading or didn't care what the original poster requested.image
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<How about some nice pictures of common date peace dollars in MS63-66 to add to my and the community knowledge.....................>>

Based on several of the images posted, a number of posters either don't know what a common date is, have problems with reading or didn't care what the original poster requested.image >>

ahhhh, those 21's are a dime a dozen. image
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file