Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heading to Connecticut tomorrow, any good shops I should know about?

Specifically I will be in Storrs interviewing for Grad School at UConn, but Storrs is only a short distance from Hartford and other parts of the state.
I will have 1 day basically free to explore the area, so if there's any good shops I might pass please let me know image

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that areas of Connecticut outside of Fairfield County existed. image

You probably won't have time to get to Westport, CT, but Sam Sloat Coins is worth the trip. Rumor has it Longacre is fairly close by.

Sam Sloat Coins
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Also, if you're into the rock 'n roll sort of thing, stop by and see Keith Richards from the Stones, which is seconds from Longacre: map
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a very active coin club in that area, back in the early 1990s when I was a UConn student, I have no idea how it is now. They do still throw a nice show in nearby Willimantic every March, should that influence your decision on a school. As far as coin shops, there used to be a guy with a small storefront in downtown Willimantic but that was almost 20 years ago. If he's still there, tell Jeff I said hello.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file