Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sometimes you just have to take a beating...

This poor fella fell for a scam apparently. If he can't recoup his investment through ebay or paypal then he should just toss them in the trash and move on. Sounds like he is looking for others to share the beating he took. It's sad he took a beating but....image

Auction for Pirate treasure
Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like mold growing on it.....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MORGAN DOLLAR LIKE YOU BUY REAL CHEAP FROM CHINA, IT WAS ONLY SILVERPLATED BRASS! >>

I guess he thinks environmental damage made it worth $20.

Ed
  • Options
    The feedback shows the seller has both bought the exact same item from and sold to the same ebayer on more than one occasion for the same sums.Positive feedback left allround.That's odd.
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something looks a little corroded around hereimage
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummy... Rice Pudding! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Gross! image
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    That is disgusting.

However, don't criticize the fellow too much for his other items all appear to be straight razors or razor related stuff.
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    I tell ya at least this guy is somewhat honest about it for as it might be fake and hes selling like such. He isnt really trying to fool anyone really. If you see all these red flags and you bite then you deserve to loose ( if you know what your doing as a collector/dealer). But I fear someone less knowing taking a risk and for that i am saddened.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not take his word for it that the coin is fake. Not that it matters, of course.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Chinese fake that fell into a rice paddy!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a hoot. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you even tell there's a Morgan underneath all that slime, let alone a fake one?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    There's gotta be something about "honor among thieves" here somewhere. Pirates being pirated, or maybe the Chinese counterfeiters throwing their booty overboard while being chased by the Coastguard.
    Paul
  • Options
    I wouldn't say 20 bucks is taking a beating. More like a paper cut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file