1933 Church & Dwight Co. Useful Birds Seventh Series J9-3 Non-Sports

Cosetta Robbins
Assistant Set Registry Manager
Collectors Universe Inc.
(800) 325-1121 ext #148
(949) 833-7660 fax

Comments

• GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Cosetta, thanks for adding the Harry Vardon player sets. I do have a couple of questions as a few of us in the vintage golf community were wondering..

1) the basic set has a couple of things that a few of us would recommend changing. There are many cards from some of the years that have different numbers in the set that they represent. These include 1923 Copes, 1927 Churchman Famous Golfers Small, 1914 Marsuma, and the 1901 and 1902 Ogdens. These are clearly defined in the population reports, the only issue (again agreed upon by a few of us in the golf community) is NOT listing the different variations of cards #476 from the 1901 Ogdens set,

2) these are issues regarding the "master" set listing. I purposely did NOT include the FJ smiths as well as the Ogdens cricketeers cards as they are exceedingly rare and not really obtainable for most any collectors. I am basing this just on the very few cards ever graded period. 2nd - I am not sure that I would inlcude all 4 variations of the 1901 Ogdens card #476...again most collectors cannot tell the difference between a C base, I base etc. 3rd - the fax pax and gallery of legends cards were not produced anywhere close to Vardon's playing days - which I thought was part of needing to be considered for inclusion.

3) I did send in weighting for each cards I had included on my initial request list. It appears this was used in the "basic set" but not at all on the "master set" if you would like me to send in weighting for the Master set, please let me know and I would be happy to oblige.

I hope I am not coming across as unappreciative! I do sincerely appreciate all of the work of you and your colleagues, but I am seeing if some adjustments can be made. I have also asked others on the Vintage Golf Thread to post any comments here so they can be seen as well.

Hope to see you at the National this year!

Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.