Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pawn shop pick ups (coins, not girls) in Las Vegas

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was killing time in Las Vegas prior to catching a flight and spotted this pawn shop.
They had the usual over priced junk, but I did spot these two sitting side by side.

This AU 1939 looked cool, we haggled a bit and settled on $10.

Then this 1952 they had labeled "Unc". They had the Unc part right, but I recognized it as a Proof.
Got it for $10 too.

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 bux well spent, I think. I like 'em both, but the '39 in particular.

Has anybody been to that pawn shop that's on the History Channel show? I've seen the Old Man going through stacks of Morgans and I think he overlooked a CC mintmark in one episode of Pawn Stars. His son Rick was givin' him some grief about that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    See pick ups. Double check that 1952 proof for the Superbird!!

Bstat
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>See pick ups. Double check that 1952 proof for the Superbird!!

Bstat >>

That was the first thing I looked for, no such luck.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I like them and their color - is the proof a superbird?

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! The pawn shop on pawn stars is not as nice as they make it seem. Many of the high ticket items that "walk in" are set up.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!image
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    I'm tempted to take a nice coin to the "Pawn Stars" shop and see what they offer.

A friend who is a local in Las Vegas said to stay away from that place after dark (not a nice neighborhood).
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file