Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 D Disctrict of Columbia WDDR-001

Does anyone have any info on the rarity (approx. mintage) or value on the 2009 d dc error wddr-001? I don't see them listed on Ebay or any price guide.. does PCGS or NGC recognize this error on its labels?

Comments

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    I forget the number of known pieces but , by my own count I think it is, to date,less than twenty?
    Value would be about what the last one sold for I guess, which on Ebay was $1275.00?
    Or was it $750.00. I`d have to check past auctions or prices realised, whatever it is.
    I read that NGC does recognize this coin but, I`m not sure they`ve slabbed one yet.
    PCGS does not recognise it at this time, as far as I know.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭
    A coin on my current bucket list!
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    How can the grading services not recognize such a dramatic DDR? I can understand 99% of the 2009 Lincoln DDR's but this one is a thing of beauty and surely deserves recognition as such.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options

<< <i>How can the grading services not recognize such a dramatic DDR? I can understand 99% of the 2009 Lincoln DDR's but this one is a thing of beauty and surely deserves recognition as such. >>

Agreed ecpt on the 2009 DDR's, I think it is more like 100% are no big deal
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    This one is definately on my list and I hope to find an unopened bank roll that contains one. The search continues....and as regards the Lincoln DDR's , I politely disagree with Crypto.....but of course this debate has gone on ad nauseum on other threads so I will not add to that debate here. Good luck to all who are in search of this "holy grail" DC error!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the TPG's, specifically PCGS, should step away from the "in the CherryPickers Guide" policy and recognize this significant DDR coin.

How else will folks know to look for it? Is it in the Redbook?

Too often, folks simply scan a coin without really knowing what to look for and the net result is that a lot of really cool coins get passed up.

To Onedollarnohollar, thanks for bringing this one back up again. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel confident that if one was submitted
    to either PCGS or NGC, they would certify
    it as a Doubled Die.
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree that the TPG's, specifically PCGS, should step away from the "in the CherryPickers Guide" policy and recognize this significant DDR coin.

How else will folks know to look for it? Is it in the Redbook?

Too often, folks simply scan a coin without really knowing what to look for and the net result is that a lot of really cool coins get passed up.

To Onedollarnohollar, thanks for bringing this one back up again. image >>

I understand some, not all, 2009 FY DDR Lincolns are in the 2011 Redbook "Professional Edition"; should PCGS grade those?
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THIS is a 'single-squeeze' doubled die worth collecting- it's both spectacular and rare.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea what part of the country these coins were found in? Also... were they just found in mint rolls
    directly from the mint or were they found in regular bank rolls? I got over 20 rolls & needing to find out if they are worth
    looking through... Thanks

shasta7
    Those who are collecting SILVER... will be wealthy shortly!!
  • Options
    image That is definitely worthy of third party recognition. image
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong Shasta, but I seem to remember that they were found in bank rolls from Texas and not in the U.S. mint sets
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How can the grading services not recognize such a dramatic DDR? I can understand 99% of the 2009 Lincoln DDR's but this one is a thing of beauty and surely deserves recognition as such. >>

It's a great coin whether it's recognized or not.

It's really even more dramatic (more separation) than the '55 DDO 1c even though it is a small area affected.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    They were found in Houston.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file