Home Precious Metals
Options

BEHR silver bar - anyone hear of this company

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
I did not get any hits on ebay or a google search. Odd size bar at 13.45 oz
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Joseph Behr and Sons. I don't see any silver currently listed but the logo looks similar.
    Bob

• Options
    Sweet Bar !

Edited to add......looks like the Home Depot Bear....And they spell their paint Behr
  • Options
    Yeah when I googled Behr all I got was Home Depot LOL
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Buffalode. The logo does look very similar although it points the opposite direction.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the link Buffalode. The logo does look very similar although it points the opposite direction. >>

You're welcome. I found a couple of lists online for precious metal scrap companies that also listed this company. Maybe it's something they used to do or just do occasionally if an opportunity comes up since I didn't see anything like that mentioned on their site now.
    Bob

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool bar... makes me want to have a Klondike. image
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool bar... makes me want to have a Klondike. image >>

Maybe they melted down all the wrappers and this was the result...
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool bar... makes me want to have a Klondike. image >>

What would you do.....................for a Klondike Bar?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Yep, good old Behr. They are 20 min from my house. Mainly scrap metal.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy their paint at Home Depot. image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the weight stamped anywhere on the bar?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    No weight is stamped on it
  • Options

<< <i>No weight is stamped on it >>

As a minimum, I would expect a silver bar to have the name of the company that produced it, the weight, the fineness, and the word "SILVER". A serial number is nice but not mandatory.

• Options
    It tested out as silver. I am not that particular as long as it is 999. Plus I thought the logo was neat. You should of seen some of the other clunkers he had. The funniest one I ever saw was basically a melted blob of silver. It was about 10 inches in diameter. Looked like someone just melted some silver on the stovetop.
  • Options

<< <i>It tested out as silver. I am not that particular as long as it is 999. Plus I thought the logo was neat. You should of seen some of the other clunkers he had. The funniest one I ever saw was basically a melted blob of silver. It was about 10 inches in diameter. Looked like someone just melted some silver on the stovetop. >>

Interesting. Any markings on this bar.....er, blob?

• Options
    Nope. I did not purchase it. The owner of the BM was showing it off the day he bought it. I am sure he purchased it at a discount. Long gone to the smelter I am sure. He must of known the seller as he does not purchase questionable material. By questionable I mean possible stolen goods not that it was not silver.