Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where are all the 2009 and 2010 quarters?

I have yet to find any 2009 and 2010 quarters in change.
I usually find new quarters about six months into the year.

Cannot believe I have still not found any of the 2009 quarters in change and now it is 2011.

If I remember correctly, 2009 were the territories and 2010 were the parks.
Has anyone been finding them in change?

Finding plenty of the state quarters. Many of them in mint condition.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can recall receiving only about 5 or 6 of the territory quarters, and the only parks quarter I've received yet is one that they gave me at a coin show.

In short, I can't answer your question. I also wonder where they are.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    received an AU guam in change a few days ago.

that's been about it lately.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've received only a D.C., thats it.

I think the mintage's were low compared to the 2008 releases even.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems every day I get a few. new dimes also.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one of the territory coins last year, spent it - and haven't seen anything since. No National Parks quarters still.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    PoppeePoppee Posts: 154 ✭✭
    I received a Hot Springs quarter in change the other day............
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen only 2 National Park quarters-Hot Springs and Yosemite, and I pulled them both for my album.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekyll Island
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have been using the Debit card too much lately. Nothing to report here on the West Coast.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few nice 2010-D Hot Springs quarters if anyone's interested. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent gotton that many either. i think there gonna hit all at once, once they hit. ( or so we hope at times lmao )
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been buying the bags of 100 and really disappointed the mint has raised the price on these new ones to 49.95 thats the end of my bag collection..............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I've received in pocket change no 2010 quarters and only three 2009's: two DC and one Northern Mariana Islands quarter.

They seem to be very scarce circulation items... perhaps they're still sitting in Federal Reserve vaults waiting for new orders from the regional banks.
    Robert
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faber has it right, I think. They made way too many state quarters that are stacked on pallets in the Feds and depending on inventory systems they may have to get used first. It may also vary by region as the various Fed regions have different demand for different coins. Some Feds may run out of quarters (thus some Parks may circulate) and other Feds may have a 10-year backlog of states. It is my understanding that their planning systems for coinage basically suck.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a lark I've been saving and sorting state quarters. 1999 and 2000 are most often seen. 2005 too. I have not gotten a single 2009 or 2010 and even 2008 has been light. I live in northern CA.
    Lance.
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Just 1 Hot Spring.
    No 2009 territories at all but quite a few of the the 2008 State Quarters though.
    2010 cents, nickels and dimes are circulating pretty much well in NYC.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being saved by the box by people speculating they'll be rare someday.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen maybe 3 2010 ATB quarters in change (I do mostly plastic nowadays), but I DO have some loose extras of all the 2009 territories to trade, if anyone's interested.

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    I saw a register drawer full of 2010-D Yosemites in Millington, TN. I've received several different territory quarters (but very few--not more than fifteen) in Fort Worth, TX.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    these were all very low mintage and saved in rolls and boxes. What you see is what you are going to get, IMO.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw a register drawer full of 2010-D Yosemites in Millington, TN. I've received several different territory quarters (but very few--not more than fifteen) in Fort Worth, TX. >>

Long time, no see.

I've seen lots of the territory quarters but very few of the parks. I go through quarter rolls though.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>They seem to be very scarce circulation items... perhaps they're still sitting in Federal Reserve vaults waiting for new orders from the regional banks. >>

<< <i>these were all very low mintage and saved in rolls and boxes. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I saw a register drawer full of 2010-D Yosemites in Millington, TN. I've received several different territory quarters (but very few--not more than fifteen) in Fort Worth, TX. >>

Long time, no see. >>

Nice to be seen. image It's good to see you, too.

<< <i>I've seen lots of the territory quarters but very few of the parks. I go through quarter rolls though. >>

I haven't been through rolls of quarters for over a year. I have a backlog of spender quarters, so I don't get many in change either. Thus, my report may not be worth much. There may be far more out there than I know about.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    In short, Banks are NOT allowed to specifically order these coins like they did the State Quarters. In the past, when a new State Quarter was released, the banks could order JUST THAT STATE using their online Federal Reserve coin ordering system. This is NOT the case with the America the Beautiful coins.

In other words, its a First In/Last Out operation with the Federal Reserve where they get minted and then the Feds store them in vaults until enough quarters have been ordered to break into the ATB stash. In a few years, the 2010's should be readily available but I think solid rolls will be scarce and will probably command some type of premium.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>In short, Banks are NOT allowed to specifically order these coins like they did the State Quarters. In the past, when a new State Quarter was released, the banks could order JUST THAT STATE using their online Federal Reserve coin ordering system. This is NOT the case with the America the Beautiful coins.

In other words, its a First In/Last Out operation with the Federal Reserve where they get minted and then the Feds store them in vaults until enough quarters have been ordered to break into the ATB stash. In a few years, the 2010's should be readily available but I think solid rolls will be scarce and will probably command some type of premium. >>

Not doubting you at all! Just curious... was it the Federal Reserve Bank's decision to change this practice or some type of legislation built into the ATB program itself?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not doubting you at all! Just curious... was it the Federal Reserve Bank's decision to change this practice or some type of legislation built into the ATB program itself? >>

I have no idea, I just know that they cannot order them.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    With the quarters I have gone through in this month added to last year's efforts, I have found very few 2009's and 2010's. However I have managed to snag at least 2 each of the 6 territories and 4 different parks.
  • Options
    I've been traveling (and working in) many different states this year, and I've noticed that I've received multiple Yellowstone Park Quarters in the Montana area, and I also received half a dozen Grand Canyon quarters in change in Phoenix, AZ. They seem to be circulating to some degree within the state that the quarter commemorates.

Jon
    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file