Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Buffalo nickel for my collection...Grade revealed...Bottom post

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just ran across a Buff I had to buy, a 1930-s in an old pcgs rattler. I really like the look of this piece, the luster is super and the color is very eye appealing with my crazyhouddog eyes, so I pulled the trigger. So tell me your thoughts, do you like this one? Comments are always welcome, and if ya want to take a shot at the grade fire away. Thanks for looking.....Joe

imageimage

Here's the other 1930...MS-66

imageimage
The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another beauty Joe! image
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty gemmy to me...I'll say a 65 as long as the reverse field below the buff is toning and not a huge gouge...
  • Options
    Looks pretty gemmy to me...I'll say a 65 as long as the reverse field below the buff is toning and not a huge gouge...

It's toning, the only part of the coin where the toning pattern breaks up a bit...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ram1946ram1946 Posts: 762 ✭✭
    Very, very nice! Even the anti-gun people would not fault you for pulling the trigger on this one.
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    65 but of course deserving of a premium. Nice coin.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang Joe,

One of these days you will have to bring your entire herd to Santa Clara and put it on display. The pictured coin in this post is but one example of your herd of buffalos. I am amazed at the eye appeal of your buffalo nickels.

When and if your herd goes on public display, I expect a "stampede" of drooling collectors and dealers elbowing each other to take a look.

Way to go on another great pick up.image
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice newp...Congrats on the addition... image

ABimage
  • Options
    molon labe
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    Nice but just a ms 64
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    great color stunning coin. MS63
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yowza.

You might be a crazy hound dog, but it would seem you've got a pretty good nose for sniffin' out nice Buffaloes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Great coin!!! Ill take a stab at the grade. MS64
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe,
    I like the look also. I think it's a 64 rattler. Might have a shot at 65 today but central strike on obverse might keep it from gem. Nice pickup.image

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,765 ✭✭✭✭

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't leave us hanging, Joe. What's the grade?

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

<< <i>Don't leave us hanging, Joe. What's the grade? >>

Holy moly....I forgot, hang on I'll pull it out....
  • Options
    imageimage

If you guessed 64, then...... DING DING DING..... you guessed right!! But it's a pretty little 64 isn't it? I think so and my votes the only one that counts.
    I sure have a lot of fun on this forum, and I sure hope I'm not bugging you all with my buffalo nickels, I sometimes I get a little carried away sharing and maybe bombarding with pics from time to time. But it sure helps fill in the lonely days....Thanks to all for your comments and the great information on the buffalo nickels.....Joe
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to have some toning.

Great pick up image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's not to like. Yummy!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not normally a fan of Buffalo nickels, but that's a great looking piece! Definitely 65, shot at 66.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I thought you bought all of them already image Nice!
  • Options

<< <i>I thought you bought all of them already image Nice! >>

I'm trying to, but my wife......
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought you bought all of them already image Nice! >>

I'm trying to, but my wife...... >>

You dont need to finish that sentence, I know I know image
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    That piece looks a lot better than 64. You got a steal there, buddy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file