Home U.S. Coin Forum

My new CBH

cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked this up at the Temple, TX show a few weeks back. See anything unusual (besides the cleaning and rim damage)? image

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I liked 'er when I saw 'er.....kinda image

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being totally familiar with these, I'm looking at the split bulb on the reverse at the end of the branch.
    I'm also looking at the "5" in 50. And I'm asking myself if it could be a counterfiet.

The 8 looks high in the date too... but I'm not seeing anything I recognize and look forward to learning.

Edited to add: It looks like the sheild lines are extended past the bottom of the shield.
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    altered date...
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Contemporary Counterfeit chaps image
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my next guess...the date certainly does not match the subtype...
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Contemporary Counterfeit chaps image >>

I didn't think it would take long!

I actually bought it as such, for $30... I think I did OK.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    I have the davignon book somewhere....1836 bust with 1833 date. Well done fake otherwise. I like it!
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Take a look at the style of eagle.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Take a look at the style of eagle. >>

I obviously stopped short! Talk about mix n match!
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    BOGO image

I like it!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file