Home U.S. Coin Forum

Think I Might Start a New Collection...

Since I sold the vast majority of my MS Lincoln Cents....

Buffalo Nickels might be nice in XF/AU...actually could finish that set. Or, should I forget about the circulated stuff and selectively focus on a box of 20?

Then again, I always found Barber Dimes in AU very appealing. And, there are Indian Cent Proofs to look at....

Or, do I hoard cash.

Hmmm....

imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. image Sold most of my Lincoln Cents also. Kept two for my Type Set. I'm working on my Type Set and filling the holes in a set of these:

Work on whatever you feel will give you joy in the "hobby".
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the choices you mentioned OneCent I would prefer collecting proof Indian cents.
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Hey Pete, I was wondering where you disappeared to...........I've recently acquired a nice 1928 MS66RB from Angel Dee'simage

Good to see you around.

• coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome back. image Sold most of my Lincoln Cents also. Kept two for my Type Set. I'm working on my Type Set and filling the holes in a set of these:

Work on whatever you feel will give you joy in the "hobby". >>

That is the same thing I have done. I saved the 55 DDO, the 09-S VDB, the 72 DDO, and the 43-S for my type set them moved on to buffalo nickels where I did the same thing keeping the 26-S and the T1 13-S, and selling the rest.
  • OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561

<< <i>Hey Pete, I was wondering where you disappeared to...........I've recently acquired a nice 1928 MS66RB from Angel Dee'simage

Good to see you around. >>

Of all the people that I would want to own that coin, you would be at the top of the list. Glad that Andy gave you a shot at it, as I found it to be very beautiful.

I bought it from Wayne Herndon in 2004 or so. It was in an NGC holder and spectacular looking. I would have to check my records, but I believe that I crossed it from 65RB to 66RB. It deserves every bit of the 66RB grade as well!!!!

Haven't really done much with coins over the past year or so, but the bug never leaves. Next thing I do will not be a set, but something that focuses on the early 20th century. And it will include some spectacular lincolns and buffer nicks!

Best,

Pete
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with Fivecents, you can get some really nice proof indians for not that much money.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffs in AU55-AU58 with great strikes could make for quite a challenge that would keep you busy for years and would require a LOT of patience!
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file