Home U.S. Coin Forum

1962 cent having a bad day . What is the issue with it doctor.

I dont know what to call this

a.) Lamination issue on a grand scale
b.) The planchet had a bad day at the office.
c.) Someone got board and used a jack hammer to separate the levels of copper.

I think A and B might be the best chance . C is a long shot.

The metal looks folded over with a little tiny gap between the fold over piece and the main metal. But what is it , what caused it whats it worth and what do I do with it ?

Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Lamination problem, kinda cool
  • DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lamination problem, kinda cool >>

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peeling lamination error.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    without wrecking the coin how do you suppose i see if the coin has a die chip in the ERT of LIBERTY? I guess I dont.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Looks like he has a cranial contusion, may be PMD, possibly terminal------------------------DrBigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    my FB status has a pic of the coin with the caption " I think my penny likes to strip tease. Being 48 yrs old I guess it still looks pretty good". I think im a sick puppy
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Abe had it going on, he just doesn't want to loose what he had when he met Mary Todd. Yo Abe!

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭
    A.

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Lamination error with the fold over occuring after the coin was in circulation for awhile.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting coin to say the least

<< <i>Abe had it going on, he just doesn't want to loose what he had when he met Mary Todd. Yo Abe!

image >>

this is kinda picture that they should put on the $5 that would be cool . Abe Lincoln meets Fabio.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file