Home U.S. Coin Forum

1922 Peace Dollar Help

Our family has had these coins for a couple few generations. One appears to match very well to satin finish. But unfortunately we know almost nothign about coins other than what we have read recently. We were hoping to get some advice on the coins below. We are curious of Type of coin finish, rarity, value.

1:
imageimage

2:
imageimage

3:
imageimage

4:
imageimage

5:
imageimage

6:
imageimage

7:
imageimage

8:
imageimage

9:
imageimage

10:
imageimage

11:
imageimage

Any help on the types and finishes and an approximate grade and value woudl be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Nothing gets the heart racing faster than discovering old coins that have not seen the light of day in decades, and hoping that within in them might like lurk some sort of major discovery, like a 1922 satin finish Peace Dollar.

Alas I am sorry disappoint you, but you do not have such a coin in your cache.

All of your coins have common dates, many appear to have environmental damage on their surfaces which will not appeal to a majority of collectors.

The silver-lining, quite literally, however, is that each of your coins contains nearly an ounce of silver. As for value, your damaged coins value is approximately equal to the value of their silver content... the others only maybe a fraction more.
  • coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    I'd say that you have a twenty dollar bill in each of those. That's really about it.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything major. You can probably get around $20-23 each.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Thanks
  • I see you have both hub 1 and 2 of both the obverse and reverse there, but that doesn't really add to the value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file