Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

getting a card reholdered

I accidentally put a nice nick in a slab today. What is it gonna cost me to have it reholdered and any idea how long it'll take to get back to me?

tks

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I accidentally put a nice nick in a slab today. What is it gonna cost me to have it reholdered and any idea how long it'll take to get back to me?

tks >>

Reholdering is $5, plus of course the huge postage hit. No idea on turnaround.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Man, that seems like the biggest ripoff when you can get a card graded for $4 at times???
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Yeah, the big hit is that they won't mail them back with another sub. You can SUB them any time with any other cards, but they apparently have to be on a separate form with separate return shipping. I suggested a group sub for these a while back to help defray shipping costs, but it sort of died on the vine.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I had a card reslabbed - for free - at the National a few years back. Ok, maybe more than a few, I think it was in Atlantic City in 2003. But they did it on the spot and I picked the reslabbed card up about an hour later at no cost.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My accident is gonna cost me right at $27 just to ship it back to me. Unfortunately it's a $2k+ card...I have no choice, but still feels like a rip.

I am fortunate to fly free on Delta (wife is a flight attendant), but I'm not gonna fly to some major city from Atlanta to save the $27...I made the mistake, I'll pay.