Guess the Seller! A late Saturday afternoon dirty gold pick-up

RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimage

in an OGH

(Forum member XF45 will be annoyed!)

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRO
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Edited due to hurt feelings.

"Bad joke."
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy that is dirty! Looks like a NEN pic??
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt anyone else will get the answer. I went to the site looking for something else and happened into the dirty $20.
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>CRO >>

Nope. Not this time.
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    An apmex piece that ain't.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's hot. If it's not MS65 or better, it better be grungy. Anything in between ain't worth having!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Either Noresman88 or his dirty gold dealer.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY Goldmart?? RCW?? Your local B&M??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess Winter, CRO or Legend...the first two are out and it seems too low grade for her ladyship...so d@#m if I know.

How about DLRC or Teaparty?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ebay seller from China with zero feedback...

• BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacks??
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! image

I am guessing the price was right as I recall you saying once that their prices were 25-40% higher than retail.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

<< <i>Nice! image

I am guessing the price was right as I recall you saying once that their prices were 25-40% higher than retail. >>

I would have been a buyer 10% or so higher.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Dear Stack's,

Perhaps you are distracted by your upcoming merger with Bowers. But there is absolutely NO excuse (and I mean NONE) for selling coins for even a cent less than a retail fish is willing to pay. Please be advised, that in the event you have the opportunity to stick a coin to Mr. RYK in the future, you should mark it up an additional 10%, at a minimum.

For the right price, I will not make your egregious error known to either Bowers or Mr. RYK.

Sincerely,
    Mark Feld

PS - might I suggest that you tack on a shipping charge that will make up for the 10% you left on the table in this instance.

<< <i>Dear Stack's,

Perhaps you are distracted by your upcoming merger with Bowers. But there is absolutely NO excuse (and I mean NONE) for selling coins for even a cent less than a retail fish is willing to pay. Please be advised, that in the event you have the opportunity to stick a coin to Mr. RYK in the future, you should mark it up an additional 10%, at a minimum.

For the right price, I will not make your egregious error known to either Bowers or Mr. RYK.

Sincerely,
    Mark Feld

PS - might I suggest that you tack on a shipping charge that will make up for the 10% you left on the table in this instance. >>

Don't worry, Mark. Stack's is still ahead in the relationship. Way ahead! image
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK, that is such a great coin: Hefty double eagle of gold, Civil War date, Big ole S mintmark, filthy dirty with actual spendin' history.

Fortunate is your ability to casually pick up such pieces on Saturday afternoons..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stack's is the answer. >>

Aren't you the guy who got Stacks'd(TM)?

Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    That filthy thing looks like its been through a war without having a bathimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    I received the coin in hand yesterday, and it was every bit as filthy as the photo suggests. The invoice included a nice, personal note from Andrew Bowers, thanking me for my purchase and offering me his assistance in the future. Maybe ol' Stack's is really turning the corner. image
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received the coin in hand yesterday, and it was every bit as filthy as the photo suggests. The invoice included a nice, personal note from Andrew Bowers, thanking me for my purchase and offering me his assistance in the future. Maybe ol' Stack's is really turning the corner. image >>

Pffft. When you get a personal note from QDB, please let me know.

Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
    A gold sticker was recently applied to the slab. image
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    What is that by the Y in LIBERTY... is that dirty putty? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list