Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linkified: Link-o The pic is highly juiced!
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    You might want to do a little research on the seller.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Regardless of whom the seller is, the coin looks AT to me, and possibly/probably AU.

• << <i>You might want to do a little research on the seller. >>

Wow , he is expert in getting ebay to remove the many negs , that's a heck of a trick.
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Buwahahaha. JJC strikes again

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

• << <i>

<< <i>You might want to do a little research on the seller. >>

Wow , he is expert in getting ebay to remove the many negs , that's a heck of a trick. >>

LOFL!!!image
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • This one is even funnier
    Toned bullion now.image

Edited, fixed it.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? That stuff is ridiculous.

• << <i>This one is even funnier
    Toned bullion now.image

Edited, fixed it. >>

From the listing : " Boy, I think I've been bitten by the Rainbow bug lately. "

think it might have been a stinkbug
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You might want to do a little research on the seller. >>

lmao, i was just gonna say image
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a schmoozer!image
  • Did he ever sell his 3-legged buffalo?
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • It will continue....I guess Larry didn't get through to him, judging by his yotube in that currency debacle on the currency forum, where he burned another alt (he must have all his friends just travel to wi-fi cafes and apply for usernames for him...he's had more alts). Nobody will get through to him...he'll continue this till he tires of the hobby (hopefully he will, but until buyers stop buying his overpriced, juiced, cleaned merchandise, it will just go on and on). His toned coin section grows (he used to call it 'Toned Glory'), as does his 'shopping' skills, apparently. Remember, he actually cleaned the bar about a year ago. Now it's nice and toned again...could it be he's becoming a doctor, too? Perhaps interning with someone?

His prices are totally outrageous, though, he can sell for whatever he wants, as long as there's a carp, flounder, or bass willing to pay his asking price......take This medal.....graded ones on TT, in PCGS 68, are fetching a whopping $75-$85.

The 3 legger was sold, raw, and he did get positive feedback, even though more than a few contacted the buyer and told him what happened (some even linking the now poofed thread about it), and explained it wouldn't holder, after he cracked it out and did whatever he did to it. I remember it WAS the nicest 3 legger in history (according to him, after getting it from Heritage), until it was pointed out to him it had a print on it. He would have never known unless it was pointed out to him, because it was the nicest one he'd ever seen...but he had loads of experience back then. He sent it to NCS, it re-graded AU in a problem free NGC holder.

But then came the Proof Walker debacle, where the original buyer (after the seller cracked it out of an AU holder, then sold it as a 62/63 raw) balked at it after being advised it was cracked out. Then the seller went off against this forum in the item description the next time he listed it, and it did sell, and ultimately got positive feedback.

I am not so sure he gets much negative FB, except what you see he's already gotten. I'd NEVER deal with him, but there are carp, flounder and bass that apparently do. Eventually the fish will get full, but then he'll find another way to do what he does best.
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    So does he know how to make hobo's too...check out all the hobo nickels/halves he has been putting online. Who is gonna pay for that crap?
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • stealerstealer Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭
    He sells pens...Link
  • I used to give nicer pens away for the free advertising , i'm sure others have too.It really stretches the imagination hoping to sell something like that.
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I am talking to Jay every day.
    He is trying hard.
    Give him some slack for a few weeks.
    I know he wants to do well.
    He is my project now..but give me some time..no flames please image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Images are juiced to the MAX!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This one is even funnier
    Toned bullion now.image

Edited, fixed it. >>

image Yeah, this is ridiculous
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the seller, it's really a pet pieve of mine when a seller calls this type of toning "rainbow" When is the last time you saw a blue and violet rainbow. It's missing about 4 colors.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • I offered him $10 for it.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am talking to Jay every day.
    He is trying hard.
    Larry >>

Just because you asked Larry, I won't flame him. Good Luck though.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I used to give nicer pens away for the free advertising , i'm sure others have too.It really stretches the imagination hoping to sell something like that. >>

I've gotten a couple like that from dealers here as freebies. Wow. Nine bucks on that one, after shipping.

PS- oh, wait... the pen has a "highly detailed hand-made logo". Never mind. That changes things.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is trying hard.
    Larry >>

Edited to: the seller observed my comments here about a contradictory description of the coin in the listing, and responded that he was editing the title after he read my comment. By the fact that he demonstrated a professional approach to his request of me to edit my comments, I have removed the prior comment made in this post. Larry, I'm confident that your help is respected and that the subject of this thread will make a determined effort to grow in a professional manner.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    He is trying to be enterprising and inovative. Trying to make a dollar is the american way. If Larry supports him and is trying to help him out then I will hold back on any neg comments as well.

Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
    I have not had time to look at every listing that he has..yet..
    I am working with him to try and help him do the right thing.
    I will be seeing him again tomorrow for another lesson.
    The pens have been removed.
    Please give him some slack for a week or so.
    If he doesn't listen to me,and do a better job,I will give up on him.
    He really seems to want to do well.
    I like the kid,and don't want him to do something stupid if he feels like he has no choice.
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is trying hard.
    Larry >>

Its been 3 weeks since the fun show...

Selling At'd coins and claiming they are legit ms coins is no no however you look at it.
    may the fonz be with you...always...

• << <i>I am talking to Jay every day.
    He is trying hard.
    Larry >>

I commend you for your efforts, but I believe "project" might not be a correct choice of words in your above statement.
    "Exercise in futility" may be the better description.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    This almost doesn't seem right......buys this one from a superb seller, only to try to flip it for MORE than TWICE what he paid here. Just incredible.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Gotta make up the lost revenue from the pens ?
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gotta make up the lost revenue from the pens ? >>

Oh, SNAP!!
    I'll come up with something.
    Some of you guys have way too much time on your hands if you can search ebay to what and where guys buy their coins from.
    I don't have a free moment ever to do that.

If I had spare time,I would use it for a good cause..JMO
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some of you guys have way too much time on your hands if you can search ebay to what and where guys buy their coins from.
    I don't have a free moment ever to do that.

If I had spare time,I would use it for a good cause..JMO >>

I think a lot of collectors attempt to trace the provenance of their coins, whether it be to the owner of the coin last week or the owner 50 years ago. I see that as part of the fun of collecting.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, sorry I giggled about the pen thing.

He does have one coin I drooled over- that ancient Macedonian goldie. No comment on the price, but it sure is a beautiful coin.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Meh, let him sell whatever he wants to, I couldn't care less about the kid. After seeing what he wrote about Cameron, I dropped him from my humanity list.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
    I just looked at the 84-O with rim toning in question.
    The coin is at least a 63,so not AU. Has a typical O mint weak strike.
    The toning is questionable,so it will be changed in the ebay listing.
    Workin on it image
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've gotten a couple like that from dealers here as freebies. Wow. Nine bucks on that one, after shipping.

PS- oh, wait... the pen has a "highly detailed hand-made logo". Never mind. That changes things. >>

<< <i>The pens have been removed. >>

Well I guess I should be happy that I was able to add one of these pens in the Illini Collection before they were taken off the market! image

Actually Jay gave me one of the pens when I saw him at one of the local shows here in SoCal. And all kidding aside, I wish Jay and Larry the best of luck.
  • Somewhat surprising the pen isn't monster toned.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file